Toribash
Original Post
Suggest a book and movie
So for english, I gotta review a book and a film, which has similar themes to a short novel called 'The Pearl' by Steinbeck.

The story of 'The Pearl' is that this poor Mexican guy gets lucky and finds a pearl. He wants to sell it but the pearl buyers were trying to rip him off. He knew this so he kept the pearl and went elsewhere. Living in a poor village, the mexican makes himself a target for man's greed, cos everyone wanted the pearl. So yeah, greed. The main theme is greed.

Anyway, I just need a short novel AND film to do with that theme.
The shorter, the better. If you know the length of the novel/film, please post that as well.
is it a different book and film or a book turned into film. well here's one that's awesome but its long.

The outsider book/film

The story is about socs (rich kids) and greasers (poorish tough kids) Well they always fight and there's a storyline to it but i cant be bothered saying lol.
A VERY WISE MAN SAID TO ME IF YOU TRY HARD IN LIFE YOU WILL ACHIEVE GREAT THINGS, I LAUGHED AT HIM AND LEFT
I dunno about the outsiders. not really about greed and more about getting by in a poor neighbor hood.

a film about greed, maybe, MAYBE, children of men.

end of world-ish settings where people can't have babies. a women is pregnant and everyone wants her baby. oh shit.

technicly, couldn't the lord of the rings be consitered about greed. I mean thats basicly what that film/book is about. guy has super ring. guys loses super ring. kid finds super ring. people want it.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say