Ranking
Original Post
About to get a graphics tablet
As the title suggests, I'm about to get a graphics tablet.

I have laid my eyes on Wacom Bamboo Fun. Does anyone have any kind of experience with it? Is it good?
Would you like to recommend other tablets?
Just post everything related to those here.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, I was thinking of buying one myself.

As for experience, I have none (not with a tablet, I did use corel draw for a month though). do they not come with a little art program though?
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
Wacom is really good about packaging software with their products. However. I would recommend, if you can afford it, to get a wacom intuos4. That's what I have, and I fuckin love it. It is way more precise, and the many features it has are great. I have the large one, but there are smaller sizes as well.

A word of advice though. If you're going for cost effectiveness, don't get anything that is made by the company "Genius". Their shit sucks, and you'll break it within three months. Don't waste money on their stuff. I made that mistake too x.x
<insert (something) here>
I have wacom bamboo fun. It's a good little tablet. Very smooth, no lag, feels very natural due to textured surface and light pen. Of course, it's not the biggest tablet out there, but if you are not a pro with money to spare this one should do nicely.
Last edited by Odlov; Oct 26, 2009 at 08:18 PM.
Wacom is an overall good brand. I've worked with their products a number of times, and have been very pleased. Obviously, the more you can spend, the better the product you're going to get... I really like the Cintiq... but they're not cheap at all. Start small for now with something like the bamboo fun. If you like the feel and style of tablet drawing, maybe invest in something nicer later on.
Originally Posted by ivolt View Post
Yes, I was thinking of buying one myself.

Good luck with that!

Originally Posted by ivolt View Post
As for experience, I have none (not with a tablet, I did use corel draw for a month though). do they not come with a little art program though?

I took a look at Wacom Bamboo Fun's official page, and there was mentioned that it'll feature Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0, Coler Painter Essentials 4.0 and Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 WE3. Sounds pretty kewl.
Even though I'm not sure if they are included only if you buy them from their official page... I don't know.

Originally Posted by Faolan View Post
Wacom is really good about packaging software with their products. However. I would recommend, if you can afford it, to get a wacom intuos4. That's what I have, and I fuckin love it. It is way more precise, and the many features it has are great. I have the large one, but there are smaller sizes as well.

Thanks for the advice, I'll take a look sooner or later.

Originally Posted by Faolan View Post
A word of advice though. If you're going for cost effectiveness, don't get anything that is made by the company "Genius". Their shit sucks, and you'll break it within three months. Don't waste money on their stuff. I made that mistake too x.x

Thanks for the warning, and I'm sorry to hear :X
I hope that didn't sound like a close person of yours was dead >.>
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
I have wacom bamboo fun. It's a good little tablet. Very smooth, no lag, feels very natural due to textured surface and light pen. Of course, it's not the biggest tablet out there, but if you are not a pro with money to spare this one should do nicely.

Well, I didn't intend to buy a huge one, because to date I have only drawn to my notebooks in school while avoiding to take too much space, lol.

Originally Posted by Novitech View Post
Wacom is an overall good brand. I've worked with their products a number of times, and have been very pleased. Obviously, the more you can spend, the better the product you're going to get... I really like the Cintiq... but they're not cheap at all. Start small for now with something like the bamboo fun. If you like the feel and style of tablet drawing, maybe invest in something nicer later on.

Thanks for the advice!
As starters, I'd recommend the Bamboo Fun or even the Bamboo One, does not have as much bundled software and has no buttons on the tablet itself. But it's cheaper and just as good of a tablet. I've had one and I very much enjoyed it.

But yeah, the Bamboo Fun is probably the best for you.
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
if you're just looking for a cheap, easy-to-use and good value for money tablet then this is a good idea. if you are looking for a better one try to find a Lenovo, the X61t is relatively inexpensive and still good even if the model is a couple of years old
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
I've got a medion tablet, which was very good value. It is about a4 size, and has some shortcut buttons around the side, e.g. word, paint etc., and when I got it, it had a graphics program in the box. Ulead Photoimpact. It was about £30, altogether.