Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Adding servers in the OS X client.
How is this possible?

I host a server for a friend of mine and I, but I'm unsure how he'd go about adding servers in the OS X version.
Open the servers.txt file in text edit, add name and IP address to list. It will show up after you save.
<3 MBK :D
Originally Posted by cayal View Post
Open the servers.txt file in text edit, add name and IP address to list. It will show up after you save.

Indeed, but how would he go about browsing through the DMG?

I had him add the server on his (Windows) desktop ages ago, but he's unsure on how to open the DMG and view its contents, and I've never used OS X.
just open the DMG...

then you get this:

not too complex eh?

(DMG stands for disc image)

70% of applications and stuff are downloaded in .dmg files so your friend hasent apparently been using OSX that much either :P
Last edited by Zaarock; Sep 4, 2007 at 06:49 AM.
Originally Posted by Zaarock View Post
just open the DMG...

then you get this:

<snip of image>

not too complex eh?

(DMG stands for disc image)

70% of applications and stuff are downloaded in .dmg files so your friend hasent apparently been using OSX that much either :P

There's no need to be so snide, especially when giving the wrong answer.

1) 99% of OSX users never need to browse a .dmg, either. He must know how to mount one, though.
2) Toribash.dmg is mounted read-only, which means that servers.txt can't be changed. And even if you could, changing servers.txt in the .dmg wouldn't add the server when running the game, unless it is being run from the mounted .dmg. You could, of course, edit servers.txt, and elect to Save As, and save to the necessary place. Or, if you were really obtuse, you could open Toribash.dmg in Pacifist, and go from there...

The correct answer is that there is no need to browse the .dmg. Simply change servers.txt in the Toribash directory, in the place where Toribash was installed.
Yep, he just needs to install the game in OSX:

1. double click the dmg file and get a window like in Zaarock's post.
2. Drag the toribash directory to somewhere in his hard-drive where he wants to install.
3. At this point the dmg can be closed (and unmounted)

Then he needs to edit servers.txt in the place where he installed Toribash, just like cayal said.
He doesn't need to do anything else with the dmg.