Ranking
Original Post
Dragon Age: Origins

Over the past 400 years, the world has slowly decayed and civil war has erupted. It is up to you, one of the last remaining, legendary warriors known as the Grey Wardens to reunite the shattered lands as you attempt to fend off impending doom caused by the re-emergence of an unearthly force that has risen to bring about Armageddon. Choose your past, shape your present, and determine your future as you embark on a heroic journey in a world where sacrifices must be made to emerge victorious. How will you decide to save mankind?

Gameplay Features:
  • Six unique origin stories, each with a story that affects the game as a whole.
  • Three base classes to choose from: rogue, warrior or mage.
  • Three playable races: dwarf, human or elf.
  • Party-based gameplay with the player's character, plus up to three other characters chosen from a larger pool during the game.
  • Combat is real-time pause-and-play tactical. What this means is that you select an enemy to begin attacking automatically, and at any point can pause the game to select commands.
  • The camera provides an over-the-shoulder viewpoint when zoomed in, or an isometric-style viewpoint when zoomed out, although on the console editions, zooming, and therefore the isometric-style viewpoint, is unavailable.
  • Spell interactions (eg. ‘Blizzard’ can put out fires, and fire spells can ignite grease from a grease spell).
  • Depth-of-field effects which can be switched off via the options menu.
  • Romance with party members, a classic from BioWare.
  • Excellent graphics and smooth gameplay join to make an epic fantasy RPG.
  • Many others. Get the game and you'll see all of them, you bastards! :D

Last edited by Drakhir; Nov 8, 2009 at 11:59 PM.
One thing.

It's made by EA.

Won't buy.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
looks pretty awesome. and dude it's by bioware, they actually have some great games.

but get mass effect instead.
◕ ◡ ◕ [VIP]
Originally Posted by tertywerty View Post
One thing.

It's made by EA.

Won't buy.

It's PUBLISHED by EA, not made. It's made by bioware, and by my formula:
Neverwinter Nights type RPG * Bioware * Dragons = Badass!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vibacious - - Get vibin'

Originally Posted by tertywerty View Post
One thing.

It's made by EA.

Won't buy.

Congratulations.

Playing with a level 7/8 human mage. Found one dragon but I can't beat it at the moment.
Personally, I think..

..is a better trailer.

Looks fun, BioWare is a great company. If I were more into the lore of this, I would probably get it. It looks really, really epic.
Originally Posted by Drakhir View Post
Congratulations.

Playing with a level 7/8 human mage. Found one dragon but I can't beat it at the moment.

Level three elven rouge, fuck yeah. I just killed some fuckers for kidnapping my wife and trying to rape her. Not sure what to think about the game, though. I like the way you talk to people, however.
collect snots from the nose
I'll post some screenies of my gameplay and so tomorrow.

Also, relationship with Morrigan is +100 at the moment. Already had a night with her and stuff. :v
Last edited by Drakhir; Nov 9, 2009 at 10:27 PM.
Relationships? I haven't got one. Apparently when I'm put under the custody of some sort of guy I am not permitted to have a wife or family. I have no idea what's going on, but I just bad-mouthed humans and killed their asses.
collect snots from the nose