Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Shader Problem
Well, my drivers are completely up to date. Just updated a few minutes ago.
My current GFX card is a Intel G33/G31.
When I click this link (in red):

It sends me here: http://www.intel.com/support/graphic...m965/index.htm
An Intel 965. So what I'm thinking is, G33/G31 is the same thing as 965 or something like that.

Now, apparently, according to this thread about shaders, I need a 950 or higher to run shaders.
I have an updated 965. Yet I still cannot run shaders.

Any reason why?
Is it because I'm still using TB 3.8 beta2? Maybe, but I doubt it.
I tried running shaders with TB 3.5, but it still does not work.

Btw, my stderr.

failed to load texture data/textures//menu
set_player_body - corrupt default tori texture
failed to load custom/uke/flame.tga
set_player_body - corrupt default uke texture
No shader extension found. Abortfailed to load custom/uke/flame.tga
I see it says 'No shader extension found'. I would think it means that I tried running shaders but it did not work.
I'm just confused about the fact that I have (at least I think I do) 965 and the requirement is 950.
I am assuming you have a Mac? Because the thread states those cards only work on Macs. But if you don't, I have an Intel 965 on my laptop and it can't run shaders even with the most recent drivers. So if that is the case it won't work.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
Well these cards support pixel shader 1.6, so basically, you can run shaders, but it dosent say how you run them.
To be clear, you need at least pixel shader 3.0 to run shaders at a decent rate.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

When i check the shaders check box in options and then save the settings nothing happens and the check box appears unchecked next time i visit the options. Does it mean i my pc doesn't support them or something else?
Yep.
It means that your current setup cant handle shaders.
It might be because your drivers are old ot because your GFX card isnt good enough.
Whats your gfx card? (start/run/dxdiag/display)

Vox sucks

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Originally Posted by SlipAnc View Post
Well these cards support pixel shader 1.6, so basically, you can run shaders, but it dosent say how you run them.
To be clear, you need at least pixel shader 3.0 to run shaders at a decent rate.

So, I can actually RUN shaders, but not at a decent rate, therefore, it just doesn't show up right?
Well that sucks.
Well yea, same thing happens when you try to run shaders with an nvidia 6600- device.

I personally have an nvidia fx 5500 and the shaders run with 1 fps while I have pixel shader 2.0.

Vox sucks