Toribash
Original Post
WELL THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM.
Finally made some replays.

Enjoy.

Comments are awesome.
Attached Files
Splinter_Freedom.rpl (134.5 KB, 125 views)
Splinter_Nothing.rpl (198.0 KB, 120 views)
Splinter_The rose march.rpl (154.2 KB, 88 views)
Last edited by Splinter; Dec 3, 2009 at 06:49 PM.
Leader of ORMO||Property of [T]||A replay thread
Hmmmm... Yes... Yes... Yes. Them's good replays, allright. I liked "Nothing" in particular, because you just move so relaxed and fluidly, and yet achieve some great results. :U
Not really in the mood for an extensive review, so i'll just say that YOU HAVE DONE NICELY.

Btw guys i recommend commenting, it's great fun.

and get the fuck back on IRC
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Originally Posted by shook View Post
Btw guys i recommend commenting, it's great fun.

I second that. Damn lazy community ;).

Anyway, Freedom was very sweet, I like the speed. Nothing was very relaxed. It looks cool. And I'm kind of neutral on the rose march.
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
Motherfuck, the kick is Freedom is so damn sexy. But I know for sure you can get more boom out of it.

Nothing was also pretty cool. Would've been great if the 3rd kick with the right leg DMed Uke's hip or glute.

Rose March was ok compared to the others.
Freedom had some great manip but when you started spinning you held your shoulders up while having the elbows contracted. I really hate that in a replay, it just doesn't appeal to me. And the movement in your spin led me to believe you are going to punch(probably because I was watching from another angle) but I was pleasantly surprised with an awesome back kick. The pose was cool but I didn't like how you got there. It was a bit twitchy, not really what I like to see when posing.

Nothing was stylish. Not really much to say about this one except that I didn't like the first kick and that it seems like you tried to get a dm with the third right kick. Oh and the decap was cool but I didn't like how the replay slowed down in the time you dmed your wrist.

The rose march was my favorite one. The kick wasn't that great but I really liked how you went for the punch from there. It would've looked even better if you would've made it look a bit more... punchy, imo. I liked the last dm but I couldn't help but notice the elbow and wrist still contracting after you ungripped the torso. I like how you got in the pose this time.

Not really criticism. More like nitpicking.

Last edited by Nightin; Dec 5, 2009 at 01:27 AM.
[T]
<~Phoenix_afk> fu
Originally Posted by shook View Post
you just move so relaxed and fluidly, and yet achieve some great results. :U

Ditto that. Its like Uke just falls apart when you tap him, like instagib without any mods :P I love that kinda shit.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
I'm not at ny best in commenting... yet anyways, but these are more than worth the time, so I'll try.

I really liked "freedom". It reminds me of a Hwoarang move in Tekken (4, that is, although I'm pretty sure it's in all of the games) called "hunting eagle". Nive and airy, looks like you're walking in the air. The only negative thing that struck me was the fact that you dismembered the arm too. As I've said, I personally don't like messy dismemberment patterns in one hit replays. But that's really quite minor.

"Nothing" was destructive and all, but it looks more like a book of records replay than a replays main section one. The snapkicks and self DM just aren't stylish.

"Rose march" was great, but actually I liked "Freedom" even more. I like how you clearly use your foot and shin as an "anvil" of sorts to land that shatterpunch. Hitting small bits of uke for further annihilation usually by your feet seems to be something of a signature of yours. In this case it also looks cool how blood spraying from the uke fragment looks like some sort of firework. All the bad things I can name are the fact that you move quite little. Some may like the look of you juggling bits of uke, and it does appeal to me too, but not as much as punishing a seemingly gravity-defying slowly diminishing hunk of uke. The second one is hella minor, but that kick you landed is pretty much an orthodox yokogeri (not sure that's the english translitteration, but it's Japanese for a karate sidekick), and hence could look way more brutal, maybe even induce a core dismemberment. But hey, I'm talking this down a bit, I'm competing against it after all :P
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
The first one was borin' there are too many of those.
The rest was solid gold.

If only... That's not a common quality of replays I'm afraid.
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash