Toribash
Original Post
What do you know?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1UbSw9Wcjs

This would by why I think that bible is just a book that people take to far just like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

What do you think?
Well, while I agree that the bible is bunk, I also know that nothing you can say or show to a devout person of any religion will convince them that they are wrong. The reason they never listen is that, in this video and other arguments like it, logic is used to try and prove things wrong that are supposed to exist outside of logic.

As someone who used to be a devout Christian, and is now agnostic/atheist, I can say that the only thing that will change a believers mind is personal experience. People will always think/feel what they want, especially if others tell them not to.

Honestly, sometimes watching these anti-religion youtube videos makes me more angry than religion normally does. The people are always so snarky in them and talk to religious people like they are retarded, which in the end wont accomplish anything accept further argument. Don't get me wrong, a bit of cynicism and a good amount of skepticism are great traits to have, but in the end I think everyone would be better off if all these people on youtube spent the time and money used to make the videos on something that will actually benefit humanity, instead of trying to make people look stupid.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
heh, nice vid

but you know its not very nice to poke fun at what people really believe in (atheist here) not everyone has the strength to go through life under their own power, knowing that they really are alone. While the bible is a load of manmade tat, it gives people who really believe in god what they need to get through life.(Am i defending the Bible...?) I use booze to cope with life. Booze...or a book?
Oh man, these anti-religion youtube videos are my fucking favorite. They brutally take text out of context and throw it against the bible. Religion is religion, if you don't have faith, then don't fucking bother to debunk it because you're an elitist faggot who is obviously better than everyone else because you don't have your own god damn god.
Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
Oh man, these anti-religion youtube videos are my fucking favorite. They brutally take text out of context and throw it against the bible. Religion is religion, if you don't have faith, then don't fucking bother to debunk it because you're an elitist faggot who is obviously better than everyone else because you don't have your own god damn god.

We get to fight back, bro.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
We get to fight back, bro.

I rarely see any athiest debunking videos that aren't made by 12 year old girls who have no idea what they are talking about
These guys are usually pretty good. They used to do a call in show type of thing, where religious people would call in and they would debunk the girl/guy's claims.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattmon2
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Fair enough, my argument is invalid, even so, I still think making a video that debunks against your beliefs is bullshit, and yes, that includes politics; which I know will not change.