Toribash
Original Post
[IMG] Logo WIP
Made in GIMP. All the gradients were done by me, everything was made from scratch, no filters were used.

What can I add to it? What can I change?
What would make it look better? Maybe some color in certain places?

Please tell me.
Thanks.

Last edited by Nathan; Feb 16, 2010 at 04:22 PM.
It looks ok. It's a rather simple design. I like the bit of a cartoony look to it. I'm not a huge fan of the gradient you have on it. It seems like too drastic of a difference. There's not much else to comment on. Give it some more detail, ect. and give us another update.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vibacious - - Get vibin'

Come on man, you've only got one shape done. Can hardly call it a WIP.

Yet I shall give my opinion, get ready;

First of all, get rid of the one color stroke or turn it into something detailed, this shit does in no way fit the rest.
Second of all, fix the shading on the middle part, being out of the light doesn't mean it's all one color, there should be a very slight, smooth gradient just to make it look like it's actually all made of metal, which I hope is what you're trying to do.
And lastly, you might want to make the shading on the second ring a bit smoother as well, the contrast looks horrible in the lower part where the color changes from black to grey.

Oh and, just a word of advice, try making the lighting come from the top left or right, it will make the logo look less plain/amateur.

And he just used the ellipse tool, duh.
The Gradient on it is just too prefect its flat, remember metal isnt always gonna be smooth flat finish, you gotta losen it up a bit maybe at a few small layer gradients over it just to create a metalic look. The smoothness makes it look like a very shiny plastic if thats what your going for good work, but i dont think thats what your looking for. amarite. Also the inner rign thats creating the distance ye its nice but u gotta varie the tone as the light hits it also the inner ring is to light for tthe distance effect to wrok, you gotta make it almost as dark as the part thats accually creating the distance which at the moment is alot darker than ur inner cirlce.
Maybe make the inside green ring a little bit smoother on the edges, it looks all rough.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.::[Latin]::..-Ldr[GU]-[OLDA]-[PwN]-[TO]-[BISH]-[MG]-[WLT]

[Auction].::Full Demo Set::.
~TheElement Signature WingFlame
cool
I like itīs simple design
now you got add more
and make fit well
chose the right color
use layer styles/modes
dont know how itīs called
Last edited by dengue; Feb 13, 2010 at 08:29 PM.