Toribash
Original Post
[IMG] Tribal Works
Ok I've been using this technique to make tribal textures for a while now, but I've never really gotten any comments beside a thanks or two. What I really want is some c&c from some other artists. Anyone can comment, but im looking for c&c more from good tribal artists and other great texturers. Also, id like some tips to make it better. Heres what I've made so far:
Heads

Sets

took the last screen a while ago. didnt bother editing the dat file. hmm..... could have sworn I'd done more. well i think this is enough for you to get the basic style. a few things:
-i am aware that the second sets head is kinda pixelated, i was attempting to make it less blurred than the first. im going to start working in 256 for heads to eliminate that flaw.
-i only want constructive criticism, no harsh bashing comments. i dont care if you are gabiel or effing mrama, just cus you are better doesnt mean you have to flame (its against the rules anyways). i will not hesitate to use the report button.
Note: i didnt mention gabiel and mrama because they flame, but because they are amazing texturers
-dont try to guess my technique, its pointless and isnt constructive at all
-people who cannot post on this thread: lexx, lexxrk, praeter (sorry man, you have just become a flamer lately. hope you get unbanned soon ^_^ still have an old head from you lol)
-random note, the second set was sold for 100k
Last edited by Deridor; Mar 2, 2010 at 02:47 AM.

nice job man! But, the groin on the second one is kind of squished. As well as the ends of the feet. But other than that they are both very cool sets.\

P.S. you sold that for 100k? im jealous.
[T3AL][Fish][o7]
My name's Mr. Cupcake.
well at least the second set has that part of the feet lol. also, im planning on making my set in the colors static and hunter (the brand new ones!)

i really dont see the tribal aspect to this...
i cant see any defining lines. theyr mouldy, blurry and messy. you need clean lines, minimal effects. emphasis is placed on design. i see ZERO attempt at design. i see shapes that have been bevelled to shit.
google tribals and tell me what you see... or look at my stuff and tell me what you see.
get better by exposing yourself to what the high standard is. understand what makes a tribal design
your stuff isnt tribal, its a mess.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
it doesnt matter if its truely tribal or not. this is my style and if you dont like it, dont bother flaming me about it. get over yourself and leave me and my threads alone

i do have some advice, your designs need to be more..... different. eg. i noticed instantly that the legs are simetrical, its not good. it makes it look like you did it in a rush, or couldnt be bothered.

also, i would like to complement your achievments, i have NEVER made a set that sold for 100k.

Edit[ i know it says ive only posted 25 times, but thats cos i got accused of hacking and got banned. BTW, i didnt hack EVER]