Toribash
Original Post
Your favorite type of Mustard?
Hehe I'm a mustard fan not ketchup so I decided to make a thread, a serious one that isnt wibbles xD.

I like both honey mustard, and dijon mustard. Honey mustard is good just like normal mustard only with some honey flavor which is REALLY good. Now Dijon mustard, that shit is dah bomb. It's a weird taste hard to describe, and probably an aquired one but I've loved it since I first tried it I was like OMG HOW CAN MUSTARD BE SO GOOD.

And since I made a corndog, I had to have some mustard, only kind I saw was some honey mustard, but, in the back of the fridge, whats that I see? It's HONEY DIJON! I'm like and grab some and put a bunch on my plate IT IS SO FUCKIN YUMMY.

Heres from wikipedia a bunch of mustard types ^^

Originally Posted by wikipedia
Basic Mustards

Basic mustards are the most commonly consumed and often simplest of the mustard varieties, including mustard seed, dry mustard powder, deli-style mustard, Dijon mustard, stone-ground mustard, whole-grain mustard, and yellow mustard.
[edit] Deli-Style/Brown Mustard

Brown or "deli style" mustard is also commonly used in the United States. The seeds are coarsely ground, giving it a speckled brownish yellow appearance. It is generally spicier than yellow mustard.
[edit] Dijon Mustard
Store brand Dijon mustard in a squeeze bottle.

Dijon mustard is not covered by a Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) or a Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) under the auspices of the European Union; thus, while there are major mustard plants in Dijon and suburbs, most Dijon mustard is manufactured outside of Dijon.

Dijon mustard originated in 1856, when Jean Naigeon of Dijon substituted verjuice, the acidic "green" juice of not-quite-ripe grapes, for vinegar in the traditional mustard recipe.

Mustards from Dijon today generally contain both white wine and burgundy wine. Mustards marketed as Dijon style may contain one or both of these wines or may substitute vinegar or another acid in order to conform to local laws.
[edit] Stone-Ground and Whole-Grain Mustards

In wholegrain mustard, the seeds are not ground, but mixed whole with other ingredients. Different flavors and strengths can be achieved by using different blends of mustard seed species. Some variations have additives such as sun-dried tomato mustard and chili mustard.
[edit] Yellow Mustard
A bottle of yellow mustard.

Yellow mustard is the most commonly used mustard in the United States and Canada, where it is sometimes referred to simply as "mustard". This is a very mild mustard colored bright yellow by the inclusion of turmeric. It was introduced in 1904 by George T. French as "cream salad mustard". This mustard is closely associated with hot dogs, sandwiches, and hamburgers. Along with its use on various sandwiches, yellow mustard is a key ingredient in many potato salads, barbecue sauces, and salad dressings. Yellow mustard is often rubbed on barbecue meat prior to applying a dry rub, to form a crust, called bark, on the meat.
[edit] Sweet Mustards

Variations of sweet mustards include honey mustard, spiced honey mustard, brown sugar and pecan mustard, prickly pear honey mustard, maple mustard, sesame ginger mustard, and sweet and hot mustard.
[edit] Honey mustard
This honey mustard has added peppers and spices.

Honey mustard, as the name suggests, is a blend of mustard and honey, usually 1:1.[23] It is most often used as a topping for sandwiches and as a dip for chicken strips, french fries, onion rings, and other finger foods. It can also be used combined with vinegar and/or olive oil to make a salad dressing. The most basic honey mustard is a mixture of equal amounts of honey and mustard; however, most varieties include other ingredients to modify the flavor and texture. Combinations of English mustard with honey or demerara sugar are popularly used in British cuisine to coat grilled lamb cutlets or pork chops. Peppers and spices are sometimes added to give honey mustard a distinct hot and spicy taste.
[edit] Fruit Mustards

Although the combination of fruit and mustard may seem unusual, it has been done since the Italian creation of mostarda di frutta in the 14th Century[24]. Large chunks of fruit preserved in a sweet, hot mustard syrup were served with meat and game, and were said to be a favorite of the Dukes of Milan[25]. Variations of fruit mustards include apple mustard, apricot-ginger mustard, berry mustard, cranberry mustard, lemon mustard, orange and honey mustard, and pineapple and honey mustard.
[edit] Herb Mustards

Variations of herb mustards include basil mustard, dill mustard, fennel mustard, garlic mustard, lemon-dill mustard, peppercorn mustard, roasted garlic mustard, rosemary mustard, rosemary-mint mustard, tarragon mustard, and tomato-basil mustard.
[edit] Hot Mustards

Variations of hot mustards include chipotle pepper mustard, habañero pepper mustard, horseradish mustard, and jalapeño mustard.
[edit] Horseradish mustard

Horseradish mustard contains horseradish as well as mustard. The horseradish adds a sour flavor plus additional heat. Horseradish mustard is generally available as either mild or hotter than English mustard.
[edit] Old World Mustards

Variations of old world mustards include Dutch mustard, French Dijon mustard, Polish mustard, Russian mustard, Tewkesbury horseradish mustard, Swedish mustard, and sweet or hot Austrian, Bavarian, and German mustards.
[edit] English and French mustards

The two most common varieties of mustard in Europe are English and French mustard.[citation needed] The English variety is typically bright yellow in appearance, but much hotter than North American yellow mustard, akin to a Wasabi like sensation and is used sparingly. In the UK, the brand Colman's is the most widely known. The French variety is typically darker in color and contains more vinegar, giving a milder taste.
[edit] Spirited Mustards

Spirited mustards have added alcoholic spirits or beer for added flavor, but do not contain alcohol. Variations include Arran mustards with highland malt scotch, brandied peach mustard, cognac mustard, Irish "pub" mustard, Jack Daniel's mustard, and stout mustard.
[edit] Irish mustard

Irish mustard is a blend of wholegrain mustard with honey and/or Irish whiskey.
[edit] Miscellaneous Mustards

There are so many varieties of mustard that some are not easily classified, such as balsamic mustard, black olive mustard, sun-dried tomato mustard, and Maui onion mustard.

discuss.
Last edited by isaac; Mar 11, 2010 at 12:02 AM.
All mustard. I love mustard. My least favorite is actually honey mustard (sorry fat ) and I have never tried some of the more exotic kinds, but I want to, and have yet to be disappointed by this awesome little seed.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Dijon Mustard, honey mustard is awfull, it tastes nothing like mustard and is an abomination of a condiment.
the god