Toribash
Original Post
Single Player Game Rules (problem)
Hey there,
im still kinda noob to toribash so maybe this is normal behavior,
but i was in single player going thru all the fun mods. i fiddled with the following settings: engage distance, dismemberment threshold, dismemberment (0/1), and....well, thats it actually.
but it seems like the settings i change REMAIN what i set them to. shouldn't they change when i load a new mod?
example: if i set dismemberment to 0, and load a sword mod, the sword can't cut ppl until i go turn it back on myself. is this normal?
thx again,
-skymage
Originally Posted by Jam0864 View Post
mods cant change the settings on their own...

Incorrect. It's just a rather ambiguous feature. That very few actually know about.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
The rules in the game rules menu are your customizations to the default rules in a single player game.
Soon mods will have their own default game rules, but if you load a mod, and then change the game rules, your new setting will count.
Loading a mod doesn't change the settings that appear in the game rules menu.
Originally Posted by Stilf View Post
The rules in the game rules menu are your customizations to the default rules in a single player game.
Soon mods will have their own default game rules, but if you load a mod, and then change the game rules, your new setting will count.
Loading a mod doesn't change the settings that appear in the game rules menu.

So how does one make the mod-specific settings be used in single player, or is it impossible to do at the moment? AFAICT mods can now specify their own settings just fine, but the ones given in game rules menu seem to always be applied when playing single player. If that's because I've once manually touched the game rules menu, then how do I "reset" it?
Change them back to what you think they should be, or look up some rules. Unless the mod uses the gamerule function to automatically specify the settings, you'll have to do it yourself. If you want to temporarily reset the settings to default, you can load "default.tbm", which will reset them through the aforementioned gamerule function.

Edit: Also, try not to revive old threads. Use the search button to look for an answer, and if your question still stands unanswered, make a new thread.
Last edited by 3vi1; Dec 14, 2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Added search advice.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Originally Posted by 3vi1 View Post
Change them back to what you think they should be, or look up some rules. Unless the mod uses the gamerule function to automatically specify the settings, you'll have to do it yourself. If you want to temporarily reset the settings to default, you can load "default.tbm", which will reset them through the aforementioned gamerule function.

The point was exactly that even when the mod uses the gamerule function, those gamerules are not getting applied in single player.

However, I actually still had 3.01 when having a problem with this, and now after getting and testing in 3.06 it seems it's fixed there. So no problem anymore. Sorry!

Originally Posted by 3vi1 View Post
Edit: Also, try not to revive old threads. Use the search button to look for an answer, and if your question still stands unanswered, make a new thread.

All right. I shall lower my...resurrection threshold.