Ranking
Original Post
+"Make sure the file format is in the allowed extensions list"
Hey,

I'm getting tan issue whenever I try uploading a .BMP file as a head texture. Even though it's mentioned in the extensions list, I still can't seem to manage to upload it.

Any ideas?
See to it that it's in the proper size (128x128, 256x256 or 512x512 respectively). You can also try to upload them as .png. Convert them using GIMP or any other image manipulation program. It should work.
Are you positively certain it is actually a .bmp file? Make sure that "Hide known file extensions" is turned off and check.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Originally Posted by aslask View Post
See to it that it's in the proper size (128x128, 256x256 or 512x512 respectively). You can also try to upload them as .png. Convert them using GIMP or any other image manipulation program. It should work.

I'm using a 256x256 resolution since it's impossible to work with any lower. I am infact, using GIMP for my images.
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
Are you positively certain it is actually a .bmp file? Make sure that "Hide known file extensions" is turned off and check.

I'm more than sure. I'll see to your suggestion and inform you later on.

Edit: Well, I've checked. .BMP doesn't count as an image file, apparently.
Last edited by Feurza; Apr 21, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
Originally Posted by darkshadow8 View Post
K, you might want to try and change .bmp to .jpg
That's what I use in GIMP.

Hm, I can't do that.

.JPG lowers the image quality drastically. I didn't say I can't upload images at all. Since .BMP is the best quality possible, the best next thing is .TIF.

Thanks for the help. Very appritiated. I will just continue using a .TIF extension until this problem is solved.
Last edited by Feurza; Apr 22, 2010 at 10:30 AM.
Originally Posted by Feurza View Post
Hm, I can't do that.

.JPG lowers the image quality drastically. I didn't say I can't upload images at all. Since .BMP is the best quality possible, the best next thing is .TIF.

Thanks for the help. Very appritiated. I will just continue using .TIF until this problem is fixed.

Makes no odds, it'll be converted to .tga when you upload it so why not work with them?

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Still it is weird. Why wouldnt it accept image/bmp.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Originally Posted by SlipAnc View Post
Still it is weird. Why wouldnt it accept image/bmp.

No idea. Maybe, just maybe it is related to its size? .BMP is the largest of all image extensions because it does not get rid of any data.
Originally Posted by Feurza View Post
No idea. Maybe, just maybe it is related to its size? .BMP is the largest of all image extensions because it does not get rid of any data.

Well, the 2nd biggest - RAW is the biggest. You could use uncompressed PNGs if you like large files. ;)

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you