Ranking
Original Post
[IMG] First Piece of Artwork
Originally Posted by Ezeth
Dang man you got some serious skills there, I love the way it blends in with the background and shows a quite lot of personality.

Originally Posted by Tamer0
Amazing.

Originally Posted by Muffindo
Very avant-guarde for your cultural movement. I like how the tongue detail is not completely blended with the caricatural and almost grotesque smile representing modern society and it's dogmatic and blind happiness. This division with the tongue, which represents speech splendidly pictures the division within the realm of speak and the realm of Humanity. The lack of detail in the skin shows the unpreoccupation of said society and possibly pictures as an acceptable notion which makes a very interesting and might I say, osé, point of view. The stroke of the painting is not without recalling Miro's early work, however, whereas he recalls childhood in his style, you prefer to depict the clumsienes of the contemporaneous man in it's quest for understanding his brother's unconciousness. The misplaced eyes clearly state a mockery for the one who tries to find too much meaning in the painting and therefore in life itself.

A truely remarkable piece of art

And so I present to you:

Created using Adobe Photoshop CS3. C&C very much appreciated.
Last edited by Marco; Apr 29, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
7/10
Pretty good piece of art
I would've made the tongue a bit rounder, and moved it further up a side
I also like how the dimples aren't touching the mouth, because people make that mistake all the time.
Make the pupils bigger and you've got yourself a fine piece of art.
elsewhere
I Cant find words to describe it. One of the best pictures out there.
Last edited by BaYgoNN; Apr 29, 2010 at 10:36 PM.
[42]
Stop microwave at one second. Feel like a bomb defuzer.
Originally Posted by BaYgoNN View Post
I Cant find words to describe it. One of the best pictures out there.

Yes, as I was saying, this piece of art is very personal and can hardly be described through speech. It is even represented in the polygonal mouth that represents the dogmatism and "squareness" of human language. One might add, slightly deforming a George Orwell quote, that art is subjective, yet some art is more subjective than other. Of course, the deepness in the meaning of the piece can be approached through different angles and perspectives depending on the person but language may not adapt to the person and add posibilities to it's expression.
Originally Posted by Stickicide View Post
I would've made the tongue a bit rounder, and moved it further up a side

It's a tooth, actually.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
It's a tooth, actually.

Well that changes everything. It sucks.
[42]
Stop microwave at one second. Feel like a bomb defuzer.
Interesting how the short sentence concords with the size of the element and how the comma, that cuts the rythm, reminds us of the sweeping stroke that is the mouth of the character. Aside from that, the complete destruction of ones logic with this revelation keeps the meaning of the piece true and even more powerful since it is steadily insinuated throught the use of written language. In fact, either what he declared makes no sense or the previous analysis doesn't. It really shows the omnipresence of insanity in Men and pstrongly slows down their will to create a norm, create a "sanity" and create a conception of good and evil, logic or no logic, pretty or not pretty.

Marco proves with this reply his polyvalence in art, in it's natural meaning.