Toribash
Original Post
[Vid]Cruelest Dream Reality
Yeah, I made a vid. Definitely worth watching in 720p.
Also definitely worth finding the song's music video, to know what I've done here.
The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/PZDX8ESNKF
Last edited by FNugget; May 14, 2010 at 08:01 AM.
nice vid....

only flaw was during the parkour the guy blended into the background and i couldnt see what he was doing....
🫷🦚🫸
Really nice editing, but the video just wasn't really entertaining for me. The replays were kind of repetitive and the song was fairly generic and not very exciting. The freecam was nice, though.

And christ this two minute time limit is stupid. It's ruined what could have been some stunning videos.
infamous
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Really nice editing, but the video just wasn't really entertaining for me. The replays were kind of repetitive and the song was fairly generic and not very exciting. The freecam was nice, though.

And christ this two minute time limit is stupid. It's ruined what could have been some stunning videos.

Pretty much this. I loved the intro and got hyped for a just as nice video, but the replays just looked messy and it was not very entertaining. Editing was still very nice, and the freecam was good (if it wasn't I would have been greatly disappointed :P), the stop n' go freecam in the Parkour replay was pretty annoying though.

All around decent video, but the replays ruined it.
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
Damn in germany you can't see the vid (Sony Music ....)
<Aeon><Master Belt><Gamers Inc.><RMO><GERMAN Unibash Manager>
^-^Join My Fan Club^-^Aeon Elite Video^-^
Join Aeon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spaft|Vipertech|Chirs|Jormungandr|SocKeTe|threedog 2|Habeeb|SXDave
technically good as usual, you did everything right.
but i dunno, wasnt entertained at all.
two things got to me, when you said watch the music video, i did, then expected mad shit to happen, exploded toris to assplode out of each other, replays that were completly BALLS, revolutionary shit. then when i read "best toribash video maker" i was like, this is gna be even madder than i expected.

but it wasnt, tori's didnt assplode out of each other, the replays where mediocre, the freecam was good, considering how difficult it is to get right, but still quite jumpy, and the concept that you keep raving about in every vid you comment on just wasnt there, your inq video, with people rolling in from outside screen was superb, the jousting thing you did, amazing, your fight with hampa, nearly shoopdawooped my head off and all the other ones, set the standard for technically excellent and entertaining videos on the forum. while this one just didnt.
it was just... good.

it was like you were trying to remind the newfaegs who you are
Last edited by BenDover; May 14, 2010 at 11:46 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I really loved this video, I liked the sync alot, but towards the end I was just seeing the same thing over and over again :/

But I am still really impressed and happy that I was able to be in it XD
constant spinning gave me a headache :/

Intro was really cool though

Nice work (apart from giving me a headache :3).
It's hard to top myself guys.

It's hard to notice what the real difficulties are here. If you would notice, the room is always constant. "Well, you probably greenscreened it all." But then how would I get the rotation of both the tori's and the room to be the same? "Well you just manually matched the position for every replay." And get each angle correct? etc. etc.
Anywho, yes it is a bit repetitive, but certain conditions had to be met for recording style.
And yeah, some of the replays are crap, as most MP aikido games look. I was under a limit, okay?

Also, SKY LASERS FYEAH
Originally Posted by FNugget View Post
It's hard to top myself guys.

It's hard to notice what the real difficulties are here. If you would notice, the room is always constant. "Well, you probably greenscreened it all." But then how would I get the rotation of both the tori's and the room to be the same? "Well you just manually matched the position for every replay." And get each angle correct? etc. etc.
Anywho, yes it is a bit repetitive, but certain conditions had to be met for recording style.
And yeah, some of the replays are crap, as most MP aikido games look. I was under a limit, okay?

Also, SKY LASERS FYEAH

You're sounding like me a while ago.
Note how everyone said 'good editing', we aren't contesting that point. Our point is, we could analyze every facet of every frame and spend a year recreating the exact camera angles until we are finally equal with your oh so mighty mastery of editing, but that doesn't really make us want to watch it again. People watch toribash videos for entertainment, not technical analysis.
And it's not entirely remarkable that you managed to position the camera in the exact right spot at the beginning and end of each replay, because you have an angular object to reference the positions to.
No-one said you had to use replays from MP aikido games either. Your theme was Atmosphere script. You could have made it a stunning sparring match, or a gymnastics contest or any number of replays. Hell, you could have had a raceway inside the dojo. But you chose to use 'crap MP aikido replays'.
All these things were entirely up to you. The content of the video; the replays, the shaders, the camera movement, the textures, the particular atmosphere was all up to you.
So your explanation is kind of redundant, because everyone already said they loved the editing. But great editing does not a great video make.
infamous