Ranking
Original Post
Anyone heard of these?
Just a quick look at how well known (or not) some of my favourite bands are. Even if you haven't heard of any, drop a post anyhow.

Manowar
Gamma Ray
Fairyland
Hammerfall
Spellblast

They all probably come under the genre of power metal.
Yeah, they are all awesome. My favourite have to be Gamma Ray and Fairyland with its Score to a new beginning.

Manowar is good but there is a song in a plenty I do not like that much so it is not that much a favourite of mine.

Spellblast I love the mix between folk and power metal. Hammerfall is good but it is a little to bland to my ears.

Manowar is quite well known and Hammerfall alike the others are not that very large though.

You would probably like bands such as Thy Majestie, Sabaton and Domain to name a few.

Some of my favourite songs from these bands.

A song from Sabatons newly released album "Coat of Arms". Have some great energy into it.

A little similar to Fairyland in my opinion, the song which introduced me to the band.

I like the solos in this song, enough said. Turn up the quality or the audio will make these weird glitching noises.

And as a bonus, the two bands that introduced me to the metal scene all together, Rhapsody of Fire and Stratovarius. Rhapsody is the best symphonic metal band I know about and Stratovarius is without a doubt one of my favourite power metal bands.

Rhapsody of fire-Dawn of victory:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L_iOnLNt9M

The song that introduced me to metal, I still love the song.

Stratovarius-Speed of light:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv1kirNU8n4

Not sure why but the song just sounds so fresh to my ears, not sure how to describe it. Sorry about the bad quality.
Dirt dosen't need luck
Haha I'm listening to Coat of Arms as we speak. White Death is rather epic. I'll be sure to give the other two a good looking at as well, thanks for the reccomendations.

I'd have to say Gamma Ray (with Kai Hansen) are my favourite, even though I don't think they can top Land of the Free Part II. Such an epic album.

If you haven't already, you should look up Globus. Specifically Europa (I'd post the song but I'm on my iPod). But I've listened to that song for 4 days straight in the past.
Welcome to an Infernity of pain
Proud VorteXian
Yeah I've listened to the song for quite some time right now, quite some very long time to be exact, it is rather epic as you know. A similar song to that would be...
Ace Combat6:Liberation of Gracemaria.

Composed by Keiki Kobayashi. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HGQS5XSoJ4

My favourite song from Gamma Ray would be Fight from their album Majestic but Land of the free II has the most amount of good songs in it, especially Real World *shivers*.

Heard about Avantasia? Some people consider it one epic piece of art while others are just passive about it.
Dirt dosen't need luck
Yes I have listened to them, not for too long since I can't actually remember them except that they're female fronted?

Queensryche! How have they not been mentioned yet? Blind Guardian too, though I'll be amazed if you don't know them.
Proud VorteXian
Blind Guardian of course but not Queensryche, suprise suprise!

I like the older albums from BG though, although there is some really schweeet songs from the newer ones, like Fly :]

Heard about Leprechaun the ultimate dance?

Has the same singer from the album Elvenking. He left elvenking because it was to much power and less folk metal. Sadly there is only around seven songs released from them.

Elvenking has released around 4-5 albums though and they are quite alike Spellblast in one way.

Conquest is another power metal band that is quite like Fairyland from time to time.

Final words...ever heard about the band Dreamtale? Second power metal band I heard about after Stratovarius. Really good.

Dirt dosen't need luck
Yes I have, but they're elusive. Hard to find their stuff. You should look at Queensrhyche, they're war themed like Sabaton yet with a more Hammerfall-esque singer.
Proud VorteXian
That is true, I actually haven't bought the seven songs from Leprechaun, just impossible to find. I've already started to listen at Queensrhyche and I like what I've heard so far, will take a look for some album next time I visit the store :]
Dirt dosen't need luck