Ranking
Original Post
[IMG] Space marine head
Hello, here's a space marine head texture. The mapping was very hard, but I'm pleased with the result.

In-game:

Flat:
Texturing tutorial
No requests please
I don't like the bolts and the tubes, they look nice but try to remake the silver chrome? They don't fit the rest of the scratches and stuff... In short; More details to the silver parts

Reference (you posted) for bolts;

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs51/f/20...ardlynch77.jpg

More things;

The scratches doesn't look like scratches, they look like you just randomly accedently painted white strokes , try adding depth and the coloring going slightly inwards before it hits the silver metal.

Sharper edge shading would make it look more metallic too
Last edited by Freelancer; Jun 8, 2010 at 01:06 PM.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
difficult to make the mapping look right, marine helmets are flat, sphere's are not ideal =/
the tubes and side casing things could come up a bit, as could the eyes.

flat looks awesoem tho. and the texturing part is as good as always, youre sorta trademarking those scratch textures now
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
its realy nice
i had the same idea long time ago but i sux.
9.5/10
qaywer Mongius BlubKill Jaker GerFight Pinheads Coolino <3 | [TEO] | [T3AL] | [HighTunesYT]
WWWWWWWWWRONG.!
ultramarines are the emporers personal squad.
blood ravens arent even a real squad. they were made up for dawn of war.
./correction
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
This is most likely the best result you can get on a sphere. Impressed as always Pate.

The tubes going to the mouth seem odd though. 9/10.
holy crap thats amazing head !! u should make a set.. that would be really nice and probably sell for a lot 20/10 man u always do good work.