Toribash
Original Post
Launching and balance stance tut
OK. So i have realized that a lot people like to keep moving around in their replays until the end, and that they are either up in the air in the end of the replay or on the ground in a really bad position. So I decide that i should make a tut for all those people who need help with stance.

A lot of times when a person dismembers the uke (or the opponent in mp) they are either still moving forward because they might have lunged at the uke (or the opponent in mp) to get momentum make the hit, or they are moving backwards they either grabbed or are moving because after the hit they launched wherever, usually by extending the knee(s).

So here are some tips for different situations:
Moving backwards from hit or momentum/gravity:
Try to relax your body a lot while moving backward. extend your hips is actually helpful while moving backwards it will help stop you from moving further and to help you launch back at uke or opponent (if you want to) or you can try to get a stance

By: holding all and contracting one one of the hips will help get a little balance to try to stance up.
relaxing the ankles will help get a little balance.
Try not to extend it will make uneasier to stay still. Try relaxing and then hold. It will
help you move less.

Up In The Air
: just relax and try to premake your stance in while still in the air. its pretty easy. splits and standing are good for air launches.

Moving Forward:
Try to land on opposite's body. then try to launch of some parts. will probably accomplish two things: launching to help get your stance( not good to get stance on opposite's body) and you might dm him one more time before stance.

Launching:
Launching has many uses. A lot of times when you are trying to get stance this could help. Most of the time launching can move you in wrong direction. We can control it though.

Some tips:
1.Try to relax and then extend.
2.When you contract and then extend it will put a lot more into it.
3.A lot of force is not something you want to achieve a stance.
4.Sometimes stopping the extending body part and hold is good for minor jumps to alter your position for stance.
5.The ankles and wrists are some of the best joints for minor launches. they can help balance when they are either contracted or relaxed.
More tips to come.

I'm sorry if it is not that in depth. I have no school today so i will be
editing with rpls and pics and grammar/spell check.

PICS to come!
I hope this helps .

any tips on launching or stance please post them

replays: What not to do: this shows you some launches but it never gets to the stance just and example of some stance launches.
Attached Files
moving forward .rpl (54.9 KB, 37 views)
What not to do.rpl (49.6 KB, 42 views)
Decap.rpl (82.9 KB, 29 views)
Last edited by Isis; Jun 16, 2010 at 12:32 AM.

I'll be waiting for you to edit it with more depth, if I don't consider it enough, I'll close it.

Please keep this in mind.
noted. thank you Nathan. i am preparing replays right now. any body have any tips about this. this is my first tut and i really want to make it good.

Kinda messy tutorial. Not very easy to read. No pictures or headers.

I'm sure much more people will care about this tutorial if you add pictures and headers.
i am .dodekus im making the replays and pics right now. i know its messy. its my first and i did it in a rush last night. i am editing it today.
Last edited by Isis; Jun 15, 2010 at 05:41 PM.

Yea I know Nathan. Tuesday the toribash forum server was all haywire so it was hard to try to complete. Come the weekend it should be done.