Ranking
Original Post
More like a request
First of all, hello everyone it's my first post on the forum. I've been through all the tutorials that i've found on the tutorials section, but as you can probably see i still don't understand much about the toribash system.
So I would like to request a tutorial about all the joints and what effect
does extending/contracting/holding/relaxing/lowering/raising/ have on each part.
Also, i've seen only a couple of tutorials that include some moves.

Like contract this
extend that
and so on.

I find it really useful, because from that we can learn what effect every single joint has when a certain force is applied.

In any case, thanks for reading. ( I hope i didn't break any posting rules)

Regards,
Sakurai
Experiment. That's the only way you'll really learn. There are plenty of techs (step-by-step move tutorials) floating around, but they'll hardly help at all. You should think of the Tori's joints as a human's joints - how they move, what effect they can have on other movements, etc..
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
experimenting in single player doesnt do much uke doesnt move go into multiplayer adn then experiment it may take longer but u get somewere faster
Originally Posted by Dexter
if god is with me and if i belived in god and im sure he is in the room with me, i just wish he brought a extention cord

Cabose nice attempt but you budged up the end so ill say it this way

"fighting uke will result in you learning very little in a very long time, but if you play online you can view others and how they move and potentially learn moves from watching the fights.

K.Tiger
Con, extend, raise, lower, etc is pretty obvious most of the time.
If you contract an elbow it contracts. :P
Just hold all and try each joint for itself. You will see it pretty fast.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
I think basically everyone here has posted the perfect tutorial for the average beginner, heres an indepth description of what each joint does

Neck: Extends (sticks out) or Contracts (pulls in)

Pecs: Extend (swings arms back) or contracts (swings arms in like you would hand something to someone palms back)

Shoulders: Lowers (swings arms down) or raises (swings arms up)

Elbows: Extends (does basically nothing when arms are straight, just swings elbows out a little) and contracts (swings elbows in as if to pound chest)

Wrists: Extends (view elbow description) and contracts (same thing as elbows, swings hands in)

Chest: Rotates right (swings body to right) or left (swings body to left)

Lumbar: Bends right (tilts to right like arm stretches) or left (tilts left)

Abs: Extends (swings torso back) or contracts (swings torso forwards)

Glutes: Extends (swings leg out) or contracts (pulls them in)

Hips: Extend (swings leg back) or contracts (swings leg forwards)

Knees: Extends (same as elbows, doesnt do much except swing out a tiny bit unless contracted, which then swings out far) or contracts (bends leg in like a crane position in tae kwon do)

Ankles: Extends (bends foot down) or contracts (bends foot up)

All above joints also have

Hold: Firmly locks joint in position, easier for someone to fracture this joint and render it useless in Multiplayer.

and Relax: Leaves joint limp, easier to dismember but harder to fracture. When limp, the joint will be subject to gravty and sort of turn into a ragdoll (if you were pushed, then the joint would swing)

Non-joint parts:

Head: well, just a head

Hands: These can grab the opponent, very useful in fractures.

Other Limbs: Separate the joints and make the body look real

Feet: Can bend joints forcefully
Try to put this into a combination and have some fun!
Thanks for answering. I didn't exactly mean that Pikkel.

I was aiming more for the combinations, like how the body will be affected if i contract some parts while extending others.

Like making a flip and so on.