Ranking
Original Post
A Gnome's Eye View
Hey guys, I thought I'd share some of my art with you

[*Edit* A little about me - I'm currently a high school senior, I'm sixteen, and I've never taken any photography classes. I am taking AP Art right now for drawing and such, but I'm not planning on majoring in art in college - as a matter of fact, I've been accepted to Brown University early decision, where I'm hoping to study neuroscience. That's me in a nutshell, for art anyways.]

I'm into both photography and drawing, but I like photography better on the whole. I've managed to make myself a pretty professional-looking website for my photography, so I'll post a link instead of copying all of my pictures here:
http://www.uber.com/guillaume_riesen/pictures

I largely do macro photography, because I love seeing the beauty in the tiny things most people would otherwise overlook. I will never look at flies the same way again, haha.

Here is a pastel piece I did, drawn from one of my photos:

I also juggle, which could be considered an art I suppose...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=q6z0N_-iqiE

More of everything is available if anyone's interested!
Last edited by thegnome54; Jan 12, 2008 at 01:46 AM.
You messed up on a foot, it's bigger than the other. Or does he have a disease that made it bigger? other than that I like it! 9/10
Meow, I am quite a cat these days.
Even though no one knows me, I know more about them than they know of me.
Originally Posted by goodmonkey View Post
You messed up on a foot, it's bigger than the other.

Which foot? They look the same size to me...

What do you guys think of my photography?
The foot that is farther back is bigger than it should be.

Your photography is good.
Meow, I am quite a cat these days.
Even though no one knows me, I know more about them than they know of me.
I think I see what you're saying. They're pretty close, though, whatever. That's my first time using pastels, I was more worried about the fabric and textures.

I'm glad you like my photography, I guess.
Holy cow. Kid, you have some skills. Your parakeet too.
How long did art take to make??
<PlayerID666> samule is the coolest guy around
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by Samule View Post
How long did art take to make??

The pastel piece was done over a period of about a month, I think... but I worked on it very little at home, so maybe for five hours a week, counting class time. That figures out to roughly a day's worth of work, though I confess that often during class I juggled instead of drawing

Originally Posted by tertywerty View Post
Be a professional artist.

Haha, maybe when I retire. I'm nearing the point where I could go and juggle on the street in my town for change, though... maybe I should be a professional juggler! (The video I linked to is from end of this summer, I think - I started juggling at the beginning of the summer, so now I'm much better)