Toribash
Original Post
Slowdown
I apologize that my first post is also a new thread. It's poor etiquette.

That said, I'd like to know what frame rate is considered normal for Toribash. I like what I'm playing, but the frame rate drops down to 10 or so when I come in contact with the practice dummy. I'm playing around with grabbing the dummy, so you can imagine how frustrating it is to watch such slow movement. I imagine it'll be worse when I'm dealing with a live opponent. This happens whether or not shaders are on and even when everything is off. What is "fluid blood" and how can I tell when it's off?

I'm running the game on a Compaq 6910p laptop with a 2Ghz CPU and an ATI Mobility Radeon X1450 graphics card. My computer says the card's drivers are updated. My OS is Vista.

Many thanks if you all can give me some help.
The Fluid Blood feature is the rendering of specific blood textures when shaders are activated. Vista generally causes game slowdown anyway, but this is probably down to physics calculations - turning Ghosts off with G helps this but renders the game difficult to play.

There are various tutorials on the Tutorials board that detail how to combat lag, that's the best I can offer you.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
yes vista does, i have it... i know... -.-

the graphics card you have is good enough to run the game at a decent fps rate, my fps btw, is between 20-40 with shaders, 50 without them, what evil said, ghosts and what not turned off is a good idea, and make sure you have no other programs, also, set toribash to high priority could help too, so the computer focuses more power on toribash... and just one little thing probably wont help but what the hell.. ill say it anyway, turn off vista aero if it is on
Since when did I become Asian?
You probably know this, but I advise you to be extremely careful setting higher priorities for Toribash on Vista with a 2GHz CPU, it might just kill the machine.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
yeah... and what is your ram too... ram makes a difference too

The Vista System window says my "memory (RAM)" is 2047 MB, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for. Also: 3vi1, I don't know jack about computers, so thanks for the heads-up.
Last edited by Domukaz; Jan 14, 2008 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Added a sentence.
Apparently version 3.1 has far better streamlining, which would eliminate this type of problem.