Toribash
Original Post
My journey to yellow
Hello folks. I wanted to share with you the journey to my yellow belt. Here are the highlights of my first day on Toribash.

I wanted to try to win by DQ/Dismemberment, and avoid striking when possible. Let me know if you think I have decent technique for just starting out.

First up is my second match ever, which was my first victory. It's a win by bear hug/leg scissors, which led to splitting my opponent in half.

Second is a win by DQ, slamming my opponent to the mat.

Third is a win by ripping the opponent's arm off and pinning it to the mat for a quick DQ.

Last is a double-decap which I lost. My head hit the mat first, resulting in a DQ.

Let me know what you think of my first day battles please, and I would love some tips from people who prefer throws/dismembers to strikes.
Thanks!
Attached Files
1stwin.rpl (73.6 KB, 40 views)
2ndwin.rpl (59.8 KB, 37 views)
3rd.rpl (73.6 KB, 35 views)
doubledecap.rpl (70.7 KB, 32 views)
I like the replays. They were very entertaining. You're much better than some of the beginners I see in the servers. Keep it up.
[12:23] <Drugade> hello
[12:24] <Drugade> i have paid over my phone but i become my tc not!!!
Originally Posted by Fyerrblad View Post
Nice replaysfor a beginner, suicyd.

Btw, have you seen my madmans and replays ?

Sounds creepy. Do I have to get in your van to see them?

Seriously, I'll take a look. TY!
I started with TK too. =)
Makes me remember the old days.

You may want to try kicks in TK. Leg grabs are very effective, too but they need much more skill.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Originally Posted by NutHug View Post
You may want to try kicks in TK. Leg grabs are very effective, too but they need much more skill.

Wise words.

Yea, these are rather impressive for a beginner. I remember when I joined (2.6 or something close) and any dismemberment pulled off intentionally by a Yellow Belt would be considered extremely rare, but times have changed.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."