Ranking
Original Post
Linux 3.1 graphical bug.
Well, i have this toribash linux version 3.1 and i am consulting 3 graphical bugs (or maybe it is 1 bug with three shows, I don't know).

The whole problem is in blood. The first issue, and the more explainale one makes bloodstains on floor visible only at some squares in a line. Screenshots attached. When blood falls on other place than on this line, it just bumps untill it disapears.

The second problem makes these waterfalls of blood (dunno how to say better) witch pours out torn limbs dissapears in midair, instead of falling on ground.

And the last thing with blood is, that just under the place where blood is close to the ground, there are some strange black artefacts apearing. Pictures.

PS: Sorry for the screenshots size, but they need to be detailed.
Sorry for my english dude, i suck even at my national language.
The second problem makes these waterfalls of blood (dunno how to say better) witch pours out torn limbs dissapears in midair, instead of falling on ground.

That happens on all versions
And the last thing with blood is, that just under the place where blood is close to the ground, there are some strange black artefacts apearing. Pictures.

That also happens on all versions, its when the fluid blood goes through the floor and the reflection upwards through the floor, should be fixed soon.

Not too sure about first one :S
:D
Originally Posted by Blam View Post
That happens on all versions
That also happens on all versions, its when the fluid blood goes through the floor and the reflection upwards through the floor, should be fixed soon.

Not too sure about first one :S

You are right. I compared it with windows version, and it looks same here. But this doesn't solve the first and worst bug. I am not that sadistic so i can live without perfect blood simulation, but this looks awfull.
Also, i just take a note of some code in my console. It looks quite shader-releated:
Shader linking: Fragment info
-------------
(15) : warning C7532: global function exp requires "#version 110" before use

Shader linking: Fragment info
-------------
(10) : warning C7532: global function exp requires "#version 110" before use
BUMP
Come on people! Who is responsible for the linux port of the toribash?
Last edited by suomynona; Jan 27, 2008 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Post * 2
So when you try on windows on the same pc it still happens ? (I'm talking about the problem in the 1st screenshot)

oh, and there's no need to bump threads.
Well, i do not have windows here, but i can run Toribash in wine, and in this case, it works perfectly (great bloodbaths) but has other problems, which are much worse. This proves it can't be problem with graphic card, nor graphic card driver.

And about that bump. Because of this forum section is being swarmed with the same questions agin and agin and agin, i was been afraid, that this thresd will die unheeded.
Last edited by millan; Jan 28, 2008 at 06:10 AM.
So, is sombody working or this, or nobody cares about this obviously real bug?
Hi.

What is your graphics card, and which drivers do you have for it? I know they'll be the linux drivers, but try upgrading them. Perhaps consult the website of the people who made the drivers or the manufacturer.

We need a bit more information to go on, sorry. I am running 3.1 on my laptop which is running Ubuntu 7.10 with a 256mb Nvidia GO card. It's fine, no graphical glitches that I can see.

Another thing you could try is changing the shaders, turning it off and turning it back on. Small things like these can sometimes fix these weird problems.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Well, as i alredy said, i can play the game in wine on the same machine without this bug, so graphic card can't be the problem (it is 8600gts).
Probably, it can't be driver either, because wine also draws using the same driver.
Hi millan,

Like veb wrote, it seems like you do need to update the graphic drivers for your Linux distribution.
Wine uses graphics drivers of it's own (windows drivers) and thats why it may work and the linux version graphics looks different.
i have this also
I have this problem also, on 2 different computers with different graphics cards and different graphics card drivers.
One of them is a laptop with an 8600GT card with the 169.09 drivers and the other on is a desktop with a 6800GT card with the standard proprietary drivers that ship with ubuntu 7.10. Im running Ubuntu 7.10 on both of them.
So this cant possibly be a driver issue.