Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[Tex]Gryphon head
For who doesnt know the Gryphon its a mythological animal a lion with eagles wings, legs, and head.
Im thinking to make a set out of this head .
R
Looks nice I love the texture of fur! I love how the eye looks too...the top of the head is a little weird...but other than that great head 9/10
Last edited by Blancester; Jan 20, 2011 at 06:55 AM.
Cannon Penis
I do believe they are both correct, though Griffin sounds like the people out of Family Guy.

Anyway, I like it very much. The detail is amazing! but the mapping at the top is screwed up, you should look into polar coordinates.

EDIT:
Find your filters. You should get a dialog for you to define what you want the filter to do with your texture. In GIMP you get three options.....Map backward, Map from top, and Map to Polar. I think all the options are self explanatory except the map to polar had me confused for some reason. If you want the texture to be flipped horizontallly after the filter has run, the check map backward, If you want the texture to be flipped up side down then make sure the map from top is not checked. And if you want the texture to be placed on a sphere you want to make sure you do not have map to polar checked (for some reason that seemed backward to me.........but after some thinking it made sense). So the options you want for a texture to be placed a sphere would be no check on map backward, a check on map from top, and no check on map to polar.

You'll run into some strange distortions at the poles of the spheres with repeats less than whole numbers. But, I managed to use offsets to "fix" it.......just a little stranger than working with flat surfaces is all. Your images look like you did it correctly....but you need to adjust your repeats and offsets.
Last edited by Fivah; Jan 20, 2011 at 02:47 PM.
Back for good.
front pict dont look so cool because of the eyes which are more on the lateral side (as an eagle) but I will do better... I will upload the head on my self... you'll just ned to go in game /dl chicken89 and /lp 0 chicken89
-----
btw yes i should fix the top... would be nice with Zbrush... where I can paint directly on the sphere and extract the flat when im done. But for some reason it dont work anymore even if I reinstal it
-----
i made this head for a guy which did offer 300k tc for a Gryph set.
but after the hack he did never contact me again.
Last edited by Chikin; Jan 20, 2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump