Ranking
Original Post
Chat kinda broken on OS X
When I use Capslock, I get funny characters. When I try to use typographer’s quotes (“Steve’s cousin said, ‘Hello!’, and gave me a slice of pie.”), I get funny characters. Seems there are all kinds of screwups. Is this just the current state of the Mac build, or is this a genuine problem? Or perhaps a failure in the Unicode implementation?

Oh, also, for some reason the forum search tool refuses to work while I’m logged in. Something about not having authorization, or somesuch?
Last edited by FistECuffs; Feb 10, 2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Unrelated add
Make sure you've got your keyboard set up correctly in OSX, that normally cures it.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
The keyboard is, indeed, set up properly. It’s a bit of an oddball model, a Logitech Cordless Wave. Not recommended unless you need a wireless keyboard.

It’s sufficiently odd that I had to help OS X recognize it by pushing the keys adjacent to the left and right shift keys. I also installed the keyboard drivers for good measure, so I should be all set. Perhaps Toribash is trying to read the keyboard in an inappropriate manner?
It'll be reading the standard OSX keymappings, just the driver will be doing something odd to them. :/

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I don’t know, I don’t quite think so... works fine in just about anything else, including other games, even as a game key. It may be trying to use the Unix/Linux way of grabbing keys, as opposed to the Mac OS X way of grabbing keys (IE, Cocoa).