Ranking
Original Post
fullscreen isn't working [help please]
Toribash works fine with shaders, but even with shaders off, with 3.1 when I try and go fullscreen, the screen flickers as though it's trying to open, but then goes to my desktop.

I'm running windows XP

I have an NVIDIA GeForce 6600

1 512 and 1 256 mbs of ram

and plenty of room on my hard drive.

no idea whats happening
Flickers? I hope you have updated drivers.
I have had 6600gt and remember nothing but heavy texture problems on it in later games... if memory serves...
If you have updated drivers though, it's likely the resolution of fullscreen isn't supported, or vsync mode of toribash (don't ask me. i don't know) isn't supported.

Typically vsync would fix this, but i don't see a (very visible) option for it in toribash :<
Last edited by Foxie; Mar 14, 2008 at 01:51 AM.
What what? In the butt.
Resolution not be supported. Right-click on the Toribash shortcut, click on Properties, and add "-width (x) -height (y)" to the end of the "Target" line, where (x) and (y) are your current resolution. E.g.

"Program Files/Toribash 3.1/tb.exe" -width 1024 -height 768
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
I'll try that, thanks

-update- well that helped a little, now the box is bigger, but when I try and go fullscreen still, flicker back and forth of black screen and desktop.
Last edited by Stupinator; Mar 14, 2008 at 03:25 AM. Reason: tried it
Originally Posted by Sepulcher View Post
same problem, and i have Nvidia geforce 8800 gts

Did you try everything that was suggested here ?
Originally Posted by Stupinator View Post
couldn't find the vsync op...

Google can help with that.
Check the first link here.