Toribash
Original Post
Mac OSX- Quits as soon as I run tori
Simply put, when I run tori from either the dock or from the app itself it bounces on the dock a bit then quits. I hit relaunch to no avail.
Anyway I tried to reinstall but keep my data and replay folders, and after I had implanted them I tried again and it still didn't work.
help kthx
i'm waiting~

------------------------------------------------------------------
Stuff below edited in by Jarmund to provide some additional info:

from the console:
May 03 17:28:31 [2682] kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGXSetWindowListTags: Operation on a window 0x6 not owned by caller Toribash May 03 17:28:31 [2682] kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGXSetWindowFilter: Operation on a window 0x6 not owned by caller Toribash May 03 17:28:31 [2682] kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGXOrderWindow: Operation on a window 0x6 not owned by caller Toribash

and

6/12/11 12:54:05 AM [0x0-0x4ee4ee].Toribash[11161] dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
6/12/11 12:54:06 AM com.apple.launchd[115] ([0x0-0x4ee4ee].Toribash[11161]) Exited abnormally: Trace/BPT trap

and from crash reports:

Process: Toribash [35582] Path: /Users/jordan/Applications/Toribash/Toribash.app/Contents/MacOS/Toribash Identifier: Toribash Version: ()
Code Type: X86 (Native) Parent Process: launchd [113] Date/Time: 2011-05-15 17:09:35.543 -0500 OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a) Report Version: 6 Anonymous
UUID: C283C22C-21F6-4462-8D60-FEEF95E32F08 Exception Type: EXC_BREAKP

Other stuff:
  • ...tried reinstalling, no change.
  • ...tried a different version, no change.
  • powerpc version works, but is glitchy
  • no stderr or stdout to referr to d/t nonexistent

Initial thoughts:
SDL can for some reason not create a drawable window. Looks like something in the OS freaks out and kills toribash when it's attempting to initialize, thus why stderr and stdout are never created.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by kooltist; Jun 12, 2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: providing some additional info on the problem
Originally Posted by matcool98 View Post
The same thing is happening to me have u tried clickingneq single player

What do you mean hit singleplayer?
I don't even get to the menu.
-----
Please, someone help!!!
If you also play mac please tell me if this happens to you.
Last edited by kooltist; May 8, 2011 at 03:10 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Well it is working fine for me.

Make sure the folder goes like this:
Home > Applications > Toribash

If that doesnt work try reinstalling it without the custom data implanted. Save the custom data elsewhere if you really need to. A couple of days ago i had to reinstall it and i lost all of my custom folders and replays, its not that important.

If that doesnt work let me know what exactly is happening, maybe a screen recording. That would help me understand what is going on better.
Originally Posted by Bloob View Post
Well it is working fine for me.

Make sure the folder goes like this:
Home > Applications > Toribash

If that doesnt work try reinstalling it without the custom data implanted. Save the custom data elsewhere if you really need to. A couple of days ago i had to reinstall it and i lost all of my custom folders and replays, its not that important.

If that doesnt work let me know what exactly is happening, maybe a screen recording. That would help me understand what is going on better.

Oh, finally, help!
I tried the applications thing to no avail.
I also reinstalled it without custom content in the Applications folder. Nothing happened.
I had installed the POWERPC version for older macs, and it said something about toribash being read-only so my access was limited. I figured that might have been the problem, so I tried to make toribash read and write (the normal one) and nothing changed.
I don't have a decent screen recorder, but there's not much to say. I double click Tori, it appears in the dock and bounces just like any other application would, then it shrinks and dies to death and I get the typical force-quit prompt asking me if I'd like to send a report to apple.
Last edited by kooltist; May 11, 2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: none of your beeswax
It happens for me as well. It only happens here and there. For some reason as soon as I click on the icon I have to click on another page / open application. Then Toribash will pop up like normal. You may have to try it a few times before it works. It is strange but somehow works.
That is the only thing I have found that works for the majority of people who ask me.
If it still does not work I can go through some other trouble shooting that will hopefully get it to work.
Originally Posted by kooltist View Post
Oh, finally, help!
I tried the applications thing to no avail.
I also reinstalled it without custom content in the Applications folder. Nothing happened.
I had installed the POWERPC version for older macs, and it said something about toribash being read-only so my access was limited. I figured that might have been the problem, so I tried to make toribash read and write (the normal one) and nothing changed.
I don't have a decent screen recorder, but there's not much to say. I double click Tori, it appears in the dock and bounces just like any other application would, then it shrinks and dies to death and I get the typical force-quit prompt asking me if I'd like to send a report to apple.

hm...

Try doing it 5 times or so. This sometimes occurs as the game was originally scripted for PC and not Mac.

Im not sure what is going on, ill ask some questions to better understand the situation:

What model is your mac?
Do you have access to TextEdit?
Take a screenshot of the exact error message and show it to me.
Quicktime is a screen recorder, use that to record what happens and show it to me.
After doing all of this and it still doesnt work, i will contact some other people who may know.
copy and paste what the folder stderr says. its in the toribash installation directory.
OLDA | Fr3styL | RL | T3AL
R.I.P [Pure] 356 Threads, 19,000 Posts.