Ranking
Original Post
[Solved]How Marketing works?
Will anyone, please, describe how the marketing works?

I really don't get the buy low sell high thing.

~LeLouch Vi Britannia
The first and most important thing you need is information: What do people like, what do they dislike, which colors are in or out and what are their average prices?

If you are new to the market you will have not too many Toricredits. Therefore you will first of all want to buy only things that can be bought and sold with profit as fast as possible. As soon as you have a daily income and an average budget of around 100,000 Toricredits you can start going for the more risky deals.

For now you should only go for pretty forces, relaxes and textures. With pretty I mean blue, yellow, red, purple and greyscaled items. If you have the choice between a force or a bodytexture ALWAYS pick the bodytexture because they will sell crazily fast. 256×256 textures are an exception though, they are the middle thing and people tend to either want 128×128 or 512×512 bodytextures.

So now you know how to invest your money wisely, at least for the beginning.

Next thing you will want to learn is the correlation between prices.

For example: If a white item such as sapphire becomes cheaper similar items like maya, pharos, pure etc will most likely become cheaper as well. That is because users want to save as much money as they can. Competition according to Adam Smith does the rest and taadaa, the market regulated itself and a few items just have become cheaper.

Use such changes wisely.

Another great lection you need to learn is that you MUST not try to force the market into a desired direction. Never buy the full stock of an item from the Torishop to push the price up or something like that. You will most definitely only lose money. Always go with the flow. The flow is where the money is at.
How are you?
Thank you very much for explaination, Redundant.

Two more questions:

-Any tips or pointers for me to start marketing?
-How can i know the ups and downs of prices of items on market?
Buy only things you think are pretty.
When you are not sure, fold.
Do not acquire items other than forces, relaxes and texture items so you get a fast revenue.

You know the ups and downs by perceiving the market. ;o
Ask more experienced marketeers when you need help.
#market is always pretty helpful.
http://forum.toribash.com/chat_view.php?channel=market
Last edited by Redundant; May 13, 2011 at 12:54 PM.
How are you?
Thanks again, Redundant.

I will start marketing from now on.
Last edited by LeL0uch; May 13, 2011 at 12:59 PM.
I am also willing to help you with prices if you are unsure about something. Or you can post in the price check mega thread in the items section.
Oh, price check mega thread was what i was looking for.

By the way, Can i ask you questions about marketing in PM, Toast?
Click here to go to the price check megathread.
Toast and Zinx are those who values the items.
[Fr3styL]|TNT|Rooyall: Wanna smell my dick? Me: Why not? Rooyall: That's what I ask the girls all the time..
u can also buy cheap art from newbies and sell it expensively (is that the word?)
or ingame sellers most of them sell good stuff cheap.
Become a phantom
Mac Muffins.