Toribash
Yes its possible, although the shading doesnt look very nice, unless it very basic.
TINT
TA | TGO | TMA
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Made by Fenris
Lots of ways to go about it. For example in gimp you can select two colors and create a gradient between those colors. Then apply that gradient spectrum to a select area for a nice shading effect. The largest problem you may face in creating artwork on the 128 resolutions is in trying to create intricate parts, they will blur out and be indistinguishable.
Originally Posted by 1handclap View Post
Lots of ways to go about it. For example in gimp you can select two colors and create a gradient between those colors. Then apply that gradient spectrum to a select area for a nice shading effect. The largest problem you may face in creating artwork on the 128 resolutions is in trying to create intricate parts, they will blur out and be indistinguishable.

I use photoshop but i will use gimp if it makes better textures.
Oh photoshop is just fine, many people will say better. I'm sure there are many similar tools across platforms. Some people will actually draw on a tablet device for shading. Wonders of technology.
Originally Posted by JiBaiLanJiao View Post
Well if you are shading a 128x128.Resize it to 512x512 and shade it to make the shading look better.(My way of doing it)

That would be nice.
Originally Posted by X03rL View Post
Don't even think about doing that. The shading will look really bad.

I am pretty confused now.

I guess i will do the shading in 512.