Ranking
Original Post
[Solved] WSA error 10060
So now and then I get this error, right? I'll try to join a lobby and it'll sit there idle for a while, then pop up. This I know how to handle. But now, it's a little more complicated.

I open toribash.. Click multiplayer.
Multiplayer screen pops up and...

Damn it.

So i tried something minor; Create a room. Sometimes, games are weird like that, right?

Idle; WSA error 10060.

What's going on? And HOW do I fix it? This has never happened before.. Also, could it have something to do with having 2 copies of TB on my system? I have the one I usually use, 3.9, and I recently downloaded 3.91... I just wanted to see what's different. 3.91 is actually installed, but 3.9 was click-dragged to my desktop from a flash drive. (It's been like that for over half a year, so I don't think that part has anything to do with it.)
They say quit for 5 minutes and try again when I go to support.
I dont know the cause but it happens to me aswell.
Just by living, people hurt others without even realizing it. So long as humanity exists, hate will also exist. There is no peace in this cursed world. War is just a crime paid for by the pain of the defeated...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WSA error 10060 is a connection timeout.

It can be caused by many things: firewall, your ISP throttling, having a generally slow connection, the TB servers being dead - which they aren't atm, using a proxy (yes proxies cause it), other stuff eating your bandwith etc

If none of the above apply you can cure it with a Windows registry hack increasing the timeout period.
Info on doing that can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q191143/

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Alright so, I understand this thread is a year old, But I'm having the same issue.

I have gone through the registry fix, and it did not work. I am also having error 10060, but I know for a fact it isn't a timeout on my end, or at least not my internet connection speed.

I have had the blank server list before, but it has always gone away after closing and reopening toribash. Now the problem has persisted through; re installing, registry editing, toribash version downgrading, multiple reboots, and modem resetting.

It seems to me that there is no easy fix for this issue, I am still trying, but good luck to anyone who reads this.