Ranking
Original Post
Firewall help.
I made a thread a while ago about how my newer versions of tb wouldnt connect to mp. 3vi1 suggested that it was my firewall but im not really a computer guy so i didnt know how to fix so can anyone tell me how let my firewall(if thats the problem) allow toribash to connect to the internet.
thanks
It depends on your make of firewall, but you may need to allow the correct outgoing/incoming ports. I have never had to set ports. I'm not sure which ones would need to be allowed...

According to Norton its ports 80 (which should be open, you use web browsers) and 53 (which may not be)

I'd check that UDP and TCP port 53 is allowed.
Last edited by Dikarika; Apr 2, 2008 at 03:18 AM.
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
The required ports are in the FAQ, if you want them.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
=|
i think i have norton antivirus because its on my web browsers toolbar.
but when i go to view the status of it my ie freezes.
sorry, im not much of a computer guy
In general, the ports range is: 20000 - 20300
And the ip addresses are:
66.230.224.98 ( www.toribash.com : to get all game updates, textures, etc.)
66.230.225.210 (US1)
66.230.225.250 (US2)
203.81.48.75 (Asia)

Thats what the FAQ says.

Its strange that my norton config says 3.2 is running on port 53 then... hmmm, seems odd.
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
There should be an icon in the bottom-rightmost bit of the taskbar. Try right-clicking on that.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
port 53 is DNS, which is required to translate www.toribash.com into whatever ip address the server actually is. it is used when retrieving head textures
Last edited by GrarRR; Apr 2, 2008 at 06:05 AM.