Ranking
Original Post
Jon's Lottery! :D
Jon's Lottery #2

Now with more witchcraft and human sacrifices! Also... there are several changes from last lotto, review everything pleex!

TICKET PRICE: 50 TC

MAXIMUM TICKETS PER PERSON:

DRAWING PERIOD:
ONCE PER WEEK

WINNERS DRAWN:
3 MAIN PRIZES + RANDOM PRIZE + DONATIONS + GIVEAWAYS

PORTION OF POT GIVEN AWAY:
  • 1st Place: 50% of Total Pot
  • 2nd Place: 25% of Total Pot
  • 3rd Place: 10% of Total Pot
  • T O T A L: 85% of Total Pot
TOTAL GIVEN AWAY TO DATE: 13,550 TC

RUNNING OUT OF COLORS: YES

BUYING A TICKET:

To buy a ticket, please use the "Transfer" tool in the Toribash shop. Send the appropriate amount of TC (e.g. sending 100 TC will get you two tickets, etc), and in the "Message to Member" field, please say how many tickets you purchased (this is incase you make a mistake so I can either refund you or ask for more TC) and designate that it is for the Lottery. Please don't just post here saying you want tickets, use the transfer money tool.

HOW DRAWINGS ARE DONE:

Each ticket a person buys is given a number, starting at 0, and increasing for each new ticket. I store a list of each person who has bought tickets and the numbers assigned to them. Then, at drawing time, I will generate four random numbers from 1 to however many tickets are drawn. The first three will be for 1st, 2nd, and third place. The fourth will be for the random prize if any. I then look up who owns those numbers, and the winners will be given the appropriate prizes. Ta-da!

RANDOM PRIZES:

Sometimes random prizes will be given away to people other than the winners. This could be anything, even non toribash. Free Toribash Items, Free services (e.g. webhosting), Paypal Money, or even random TC Giveaways. Steam Gifts, possibly. They will be listed below. Random prize winner selection is done by person, not by number of tickets, so each person has the same chance of winning this prize. Someone with a single ticket will have just as much of a chance to win this prize as a person with 10 tickets.

DONATIONS:

If you are feeling generous, you may wish to donate items, TC, or maybe even something totally unrelated to Toribash. Donated items and TC will be grouped together as single prizes as I see fit, though you may PM me to change the grouping of an item you have donated. Donation
prize winners selection is done by person, not by number of tickets, so each person has the same chance of winning this prize. Someone with a single ticket will have just as much of a chance to win this prize as a person with 10 tickets. If you would like to donate something, PM me about what you would like to donate. After we have worked it out you can send the item to me.

For donating, you will get the following on the donation list or in this post: Your name, a sentence or two saying anything you want, and a link to any website. Please include this in your PM. Other favors may be done for you!

RANDOM GIVEAWAYS:

Where the random TC goes, nobody knows!

THIS WEEKS RANDOM PRIZE: $5 PAYPAL MONIES
NEXT WEEK: ? ? ?

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LOTTERY PAGE

The page above contains the ticket list, donation list, and random information. CLEEK EET NAO.

DRAW DATE: Wednesday, April 16, 3:30 PM to 8:30 Central Standard Time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHANGES FROM LAST LOTTERY:- Donations added
- How random prize selection is done
- New web page to view lottery stuffs
- Random... giveaways?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so uh... buy and donate away!
Last edited by Jon; Apr 13, 2008 at 01:35 AM.
old skoo'
I was expecting a little bit more... interest than I'm getting right now

Oh well, I guess better for the people who bought tickets (i.e. the $5 paypal)
old skoo'
Sent credits for five tickets : D
Last edited by Plec; Apr 12, 2008 at 08:53 AM.
Plec's Gamestore, selling full games, trials and special ingame content!
Click to see the shop!
Thanks to Plec for donating every Pharos item in the shop! (will show up shortly in the donation list)
Last edited by Jon; Apr 13, 2008 at 02:03 AM.
old skoo'
Originally Posted by Qzzrbl View Post
o-O I sent 500tc for ten tickets on 4/2 and I don't show up on the list....

That was for the first lottery, this is the second one. I should make that more clear. Sorry.
old skoo'