Toribash
Original Post
Laptop Overheats when playing Toribash
i am using a Dell Latitude E6400 that is more then capable of running toribash, but when i play it for more then 5 minutes it makes my laptop start to overheat and eventually crash. Any support for this?
Youve got issues, ive got issues, youve got a girlfriend, ive got a girlfriend, my girlfriend beats meee.
-Rappunk
Due to all the collisions, toribash seems to be a pretty cpu intensive game. I suggest a computer fan, I use one as well. I don't believe its a problem with tb.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Thanks thats good to know, im working on saving for a Laptop cooling fan. Thanks.
Youve got issues, ive got issues, youve got a girlfriend, ive got a girlfriend, my girlfriend beats meee.
-Rappunk
Originally Posted by Teapod View Post
Mine does the same thing I need to get me a fan.

Which would you recommend?

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NzE5
-Rappunk
Here's cheaper solution: Clean up your air intakes.
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
As simple as putting thecomputer in box where the air that comes out of the laptop , do not came back....

when the laptop is in a desk, this warm air maigth enter again in the computer , or not came out totaly , or just makes a hot enviroment around the laptop ...

So get something like a box (which size migth be smaller than the laptop) , with holes at the side , and without a top... so that the air comes out of the laptop , and gets out for the holes ....

This "box" could be made of wood , to be less unnormal xD

This will improve your over-heating resistance :P

P.D.:Sorry about the bad english :S
In my opinion the fan is the best way to solve this problem.

Since I bought a fan my laptop never crashed..

Remember, if it overheats too much, particles of the laptop from the inside might burn and cause severe damages.
RIP [duck] Aug 28 2011 - April 20 2020