Toribash
Original Post
[Solved] Account banned because I was hacked
When I log into the forums with my account Azazell it informs me I was banned because I was hacked. I have an in-game character under the same name and cant connect to any multiplayer games.

I dont feel getting banned because I was hacked is fair but I understand how it might be necessary. What is the proper way of getting my account unbanned?
Appreciate the reply. How do you suggest I prove its mine? The email registered to the account no longer exist. The only proof is the fact I can log into the account but obviously the hacker could to.

Not sure how I could prove its mine without the email. Any ideas?
well you should maybe suggest what the password to the account was before it was hacked.

(User was infracted for this post (Bad advice.))
Last edited by suomynona; Jul 24, 2011 at 06:00 PM.
blah
No. Your past password won't really get you anywhere, as I think even admins see them, the best proof would be the email address, but I see that you say it doesn't exist. Well, talk to an admin about it, you should get some solutions.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Originally Posted by ItsZombie View Post
well you should maybe suggest what the password to the account was before it was hacked.

It hasn't been changed. @RayA75 guess your right. Thanks

A security question during sign up might be something to consider.
Last edited by SAYyuk; Jul 24, 2011 at 10:25 AM.
While there is no real "hard" proof in cases like this, there are things that help indicate that you are truthful, for example, if your registration IP matches your current IP (www.whatismyip.com), and things about your account that only admins would be able to see.
Originally Posted by ItsZombie View Post

Never do that ever.
Come on, people, "Don't ever tell anyone your password" is NOT a hard tenet to follow.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by Jarmund View Post
While there is no real "hard" proof in cases like this, there are things that help indicate that you are truthful, for example, if your registration IP matches your current IP (www.whatismyip.com), and things about your account that only admins would be able to see.

The registration IP will not be the same as my current IP. I registered the account in question about 2 years ago. I have gotten quick replies here, How long should I be expected to wait for [email protected] to respond?