Toribash
Original Post
[S] Zombie Robot
so i got really bored today and decided to make my first little head text. i was inspired by another head that was drawn by Monobi and it only looks like it a little bit considering im not that great at Gimp. He actually made a post down there at the bottom getting all mad about it but the point is i was inspired by his drawing, not trying to copy it. You all may offer how much for it and i will pretty much just say yes or no.
Looking for a realistic deal.
Last edited by ItsZombie; Jul 26, 2011 at 06:23 AM.
blah
I claim plagiarism. You didn't mention my name as the original concept and you did this without permission. Remove it immediately.

Current owner as of 26/07/11 01:30 GMT - Zalmoxis

I am truly insulted.
"Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork."
Originally Posted by Monobi View Post
I claim plagiarism. You didn't mention my name as the original concept and you did this without permission. Remove it immediately.
I am truly insulted.

Yes this is the one i was talking about! sorry man i didnt know who the original head was by. Ill write it immediately calm down...
Instead of getting all rage, you couldve just said that you were the original artist. Remember this was my first head text and i was just doin it after a head text i liked.
Last edited by ItsZombie; Jul 26, 2011 at 04:12 AM.
blah
Originally Posted by Monobi View Post

I am truly insulted.

I do not wish for this comment to seem "useless" but i feel something must be said in favour of the artist.

ItsZombie spent HIS time creating this texture. Although he may have been inspired and motivated by the basic design and theme of your texture, the artwork is still his own. To claim plagiarism is an insult to this artists work and the time he spent creating it.

Your claim of plagiarism is also invalid. The idea of an entity comprised of biological and technological counterparts has arisen in many forms of artwork and literature throughout the past century. Many things may seem similar, but that in no way means they are plagiarized. Your original head texture resembles the technologically integrated being known as "The Borg" from the Television series Star Trek: The Next Generation by Gene Roddenberry, But i fail to see Gene claiming plagiarism against every "Zombie Robot" picture he happens to see.

Your Response to this artists work was childish as well as insulting. Seeing that your comment gives a bad impression of the artists work, it may dissuade viewers from purchasing the texture presented. Therefore, ItsZombie, I offer you 2,000 Toricredits in exchange for your artwork.
Last edited by shietshu; Jul 26, 2011 at 04:41 AM.
Backseat moderation? I don't know, but shietshu is sorta right. He did base it off Monobi's head, but it's quite different. In-fact, anyone could call plagiarism on Monobi because he based it off a borg.
That guy named Poppo
You know, the leader of Fyre.
Originally Posted by shietshu View Post
I do not wish for this comment to seem "useless" but i feel something must be said in favour of the artist.

ItsZombie spent HIS time creating this texture. Although he may have been inspired and motivated by the basic design and theme of your texture, the artwork is still his own. To claim plagiarism is an insult to this artists work and the time he spent creating it.

Your claim of plagiarism is also invalid. The idea of an entity comprised of biological and technological counterparts has arisen in many forms of artwork and literature throughout the past century. Many things may seem similar, but that in no way means they are plagiarized. Your original head texture resembles the technologically integrated being known as "The Borg" from the Television series Star Trek: The Next Generation by Gene Roddenberry, But i fail to see Gene claiming plagiarism against every "Zombie Robot" picture he happens to see.

Your Response to this artists work was childish as well as insulting. Seeing that your comment gives a bad impression of the artists work, it may dissuade viewers from purchasing the texture presented. Therefore, ItsZombie, I offer you 2,000 Toricredits in exchange for your artwork.

ehhhhh not sure on the offer. but i appreciate your support (:
Last edited by ItsZombie; Jul 26, 2011 at 06:16 AM.
blah
I admit that there is are a lot of variables to consider. A basic concept such as robot and organic as a combination is not something you can plagiarise since its a theme, not a piece of art in itself. However, the fact that this head and mine share the same mouth concept, eye colour and robotic eye shape is to close to the original to say that it was following a theme rather than my artwork itself. If you were inspired and came up with a concept that was similar but not a trace, then I would have been complimentary to the work rather than this.

I would be willing to retract my statement to remove this from the market if there had been more variation than just simplifying the back and adding one tone hair and corrugated metal.Until the time where this texture is significantly different from my artwork, to the point of bare-recognition between the two, I will file this as a bad plagiarism of my work.

If the search function was working, I'd reference you to a similar post that happened a few years back with someone mimicking my work to an equal degree, and the verdict was plagiarism.

suomynona and myself were discussing this last night and he was the one who brought the plagiarism to my attention. If you wish to argue this further, lets keep it to PMs or go argue with suo on irc.

On another note, 2,000tc is a generous offer for this work. From an oldschooler to a newcomer, be weary of the prices, ItsZombie. The scale is exponential, so a head twice as good will sell for 4 times as much. I suggest browsing deviant art for tutorials and researching cars, factory equipment and such for ideas and references.
Last edited by Monobi; Jul 26, 2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: inb4hallofshame.
"Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork."