Toribash
Original Post
[ART] Sea Creature Painting

show image

I joined up on this site a while ago, I haven't been active (at all) but I remember this community to be a great place for artists to post and lurk.

So here I am again! With a painting to accompany, so that's sure neat!

Any comments/criticism is greatly appretiated. ^^

This was my entry to a contest: http://news.deviantart.com/article/157455/
Last edited by aforementioned; Aug 24, 2011 at 02:09 AM.
I love the shading, and the ways their heads are attached to the sphere. Although the eyes need some work, as well as the bubbles, it's a great masterpiece. (Stupid stuff ahead) I love your imagination as well, the animals look like turtles mixed with sharks. I shall call them Thurks. Please, do keep the art coming.
That guy named Poppo
You know, the leader of Fyre.
The shading is great and the concept is also good.
however the right thurk needs to be slimmer and more curved. 8/10
Poppo: Thanks! Ièll probably do what you say and put a bit more effort into the eyes (Btw, Ièm digginè the name "Thurks")

BleeE: Thanks you! I really appreciate it.

wozzy: I'm... Not entirely sure what you indended by that tbh...

Macrid: The nature of the contest made it difficult to get the proportions exact, (we were given a set of lines to start) but you're right, once it's over I'll put some work into that.
Last edited by aforementioned; Aug 25, 2011 at 04:12 AM.
Edit those eyes they look to big and human for such creatures. I'm stunned by that shading! You aced that part so good job! 7.5/10
I love this masterpiece.It looks perfect!Nice idea about putting that ball in between them,it looks like it's their egg.I would hang this picture on the wall in my room.10/10!
Originally Posted by aforementioned View Post

Macrid: The nature of the contest made it difficult to get the proportions exact, (we were given a set of lines to start) but you're right, once it's over I'll put some work into that.

Acknowledged