Ranking
Original Post
[Solved] Shaders.
My shaders do not work. I have browsed this forum/google for atleast an hour finding no helpful threads. I go into options, shaders, and click the check box. Toribash kind of "restarts" itself. The shaders basically turn themself off.

If I, for example, type: /lws Night.inc
Nothing will happen.

I have seen lots of stuff like "Maybe your video card is wrong."

But no answers to:
How do I know if it's wrong?
What do I do if it is wrong?

Most of the threads are about shader problems in 3.0 and different versions. Any ideas?
Last edited by PieGod; Sep 9, 2011 at 01:12 AM.
RIP [TPC]
This guy was once a GameMaster
If you find that the shaders turn themselves off, it's usually an indication saying that your computer (drivers) can't handle shaders.
If your graphics card could handle it, then you don't have the latest drivers for them to engage shaders.
BAD LUCK
I doubt it's my computer itself, this computer is very good.

Maybe I don't have compatable graphics cards or something, but I don't have a clue how to fix that.
RIP [TPC]
This guy was once a GameMaster
You have to buy one, and open up your computer and replace it, look it up there is plenty of tutorials.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by PieGod View Post
I doubt it's my computer itself, this computer is very good.

Maybe I don't have compatable graphics cards or something, but I don't have a clue how to fix that.

I'd guess that you have to update your GPU drivers by downloading newest patch from it's manufacturers site, instead of using Windows Auto Uptade.
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
This thread: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=214180

It should answer any possible question about shaders not working.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!