Toribash
Original Post
[Art] EOS
Well I'm satisfied but not really happy about the result. But it will have to do.

Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
for some reason i want a Klondike bar...

Anyways, i like the over all feel of it and it flows nicely together and the colors are great.
The ice is a nice touch and really adds to the over all feel to it, and i like how you connected the sub text to the main logo with the ice.

The things i don't like is the text in the logo, seems a bit mundane and i don't really like the think lines around the panels extruding from the inner logo.

Other then that it's awesome sauce.
Aka jusmi.
I think it looks like a professional made it for the winter games lol (thats me saying it's really good)
Just a guy that loves speed and adventure.. I'm Bleuigen
it looks very nice, but i dont like the mountain, if i ware you i would use blue and white, and not grey, something like this: http://us.cdn2.123rf.com/168nwm/huhu...n-the-lake.jpg

and maybe add a little more of ice
[JollyR] [GATA]
Then the blue color would suddenly be the main color and everything would kinda loose the frozen metal feeling.

But thanks a lot for the image reference. I didn't find / bother to find any reference and I've never made mountains in Illustrator before, so I just improvised.
Last edited by Freelancer; Oct 2, 2011 at 04:45 PM.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Not a fan of it actually.
the bevel effect, while not the blending options one, looks rushed and isnt really working for me.
the arrows overlap slightly onto the bevel.
the lines and overall shape look... amateur... for lack of a better word/phrase.
wouldnt have guessed the picture was a mountain/iceberg unless ferrock had mentioned it.

but the ice is done really well and i really like the the "Expodition island" banner thing, lighting/effects on the text are really pretty.

overall its just... forgettable.
not one of your best, by a long shot.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
agree with bendover... those arrows need to look like some little holes or bump in the metal. And if in u i would remake completly the mountains.
mmh.. those 3 bars below the circle look weird.... i see you made them for balance everyting but to me looks like only something putted there for fill space.

turn them into some original strange lock. + u can try to add some more ice on windows.
Delete or change those parallel lines....

:3 thats what i think it should be fixed
Whether or not you did, it looks like you used too many cloud (or cloud-like) textures.
On the metal, on the highlights at the bottom, etc... I think you could push the metal a LOT more, and fix your light sources too! (light from top, and both sides?)

Especially look at chicken's example because it is quite a good one!

You can do better Freelancer, do your best!
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
:| If I'd have to do my best I'd have to actually try... mhph... This is a logotype that will be on the cover of a pile of papers that a pair of parents are going to read in order to know how good I've planned this trip so that their daughter can come with.

Not really motivated. Wave a hundred dollar bill in front of me and then maybe.

Also I'm working three jobs every day, which leaves little time or energy to art. :|
That sounds like an interesting situation...

What is the point of crit'ing something if the person just says "yeah I didn't try my best because I don't have the time/energy"...
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."