Toribash
Original Post
NEWB QUESTIONS
I'm new to Toribash and need to know a couple of things:
1. How can i tell what version of Toribash I have?
2. Do the newer versions have more things in it thus creating slower game play if someone doesn't have like a really new computer?
3. What really are shaders? Are they just cool backgrounds? Do they make game play any slower?
4. How do i join clans?
Last edited by NeckCrack; Apr 28, 2008 at 10:31 PM.
Okay, here's some answers.

1. You can tell what version of toribash you have by looking in the titlebar when the game is running. It will say something like "TORIBASH 3.24 fps:56". The number after "TORIBASH" is the version, and the fps is how fast the game is running.

2. The newer versions of toribash do have more things in them, but they also have more/better optimizations, meaning they will actually run better on older hardware than previous versions in most cases.

3. Shaders are what make toribash look so darn good. They do however require a much more powerful graphicscard than ordinary toribash, and need somewhat more powerful hardware. If you can run shaders, you will notice a fps decrease ranging from slight and barely noticeable, to severe, making the game unplayable depending on your hardware. Shaders are not in any way required to play toribash, they just make things look pretty for people with higher-end computers. I can take some comparison screenshots of you'd like to see them.

I hope that helps you, and if you've got any more questions, feel free to ask.
<+veb> dude___________________._____________________<hampa> the hosting center decided to raise the price
<+veb> I am to durnk to pu6t in the wriute commmand lol ___<hampa> and we only run irc on this machine which is a bit of a waste
<+veb> and u suxc u cant od it gfro me ______|______._____<Lapsus> How much power is behind the IRC server?
<+veb> ;oml?________________________________________<hampa> it is like delivering pizza using an airplane
4. You go here-http://forum.toribash.com/clan_list.php. Then you check if they are invite only or not. If they aren't post an application in the correct area. If they are, wait until you get invited.
As a somewhat more direct method for what Nepo posted, you could check the official clan list here, and check out the forum for each clan. most clans will have some kind of "requirements to join [clan]" thread near the top of their forums.

You could also look in the Clan Discussion forum, where you can find newer clans, and ones that haven't gotten official yet.
<+veb> dude___________________._____________________<hampa> the hosting center decided to raise the price
<+veb> I am to durnk to pu6t in the wriute commmand lol ___<hampa> and we only run irc on this machine which is a bit of a waste
<+veb> and u suxc u cant od it gfro me ______|______._____<Lapsus> How much power is behind the IRC server?
<+veb> ;oml?________________________________________<hampa> it is like delivering pizza using an airplane