Toribash
Original Post
Game rules, mods, online doubts.
Hi. After playing more I have some questions about game rules and making a game room.
I don't know the difference between creating a room in the multiplayer or doing it with Matchmaking.
-How do I set my own rules in my room and how do i set the rooms settings like the max numer of players etc
-To set a mod for a room or rules, do i have to apply the mod and/or the rules before making the room, and then make it?
-How can I set all game rules and mods to vailla or default?
-What is really Matchmaking for?
Thank you, i was asking these things to myself and im confused about theme, cause i can't see any option to set for example the numer total players for a room etc.
I red the tutorial too, but i keep having some doubts.
1: When you create a room, you have complete control over it and can do whatever...change mod etc. Matchmaking, I don't know much about at all.

2: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=17174 Threads like those can be found by gogling "list of Toribash server commands." They list most of the commands normal users can use in their servers. Note: Any commands that change the room rules will require you to be opped.

3: A few ways to do this, the /lm commands. Or press ctrl+g ingame to bring up a list of the settings, change the mod name up the top left and press ok. Or press escape, then go to setup, then mods, then load the mod you want from the list. Some mods have preset rules written into them but these can be changed once it's loaded via the relative server command.

4: Can't think of a command off the top of my head.

5: Hopefully someone else can answer this. Also found this thread which has a little bit more info on it for you: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=291339

Hope it helps. If you need anything else, keep asking.
Originally Posted by Dimonsix View Post
Hi. After playing more I have some questions about game rules and making a game room.
I don't know the difference between creating a room in the multiplayer or doing it with Matchmaking.
-How do I set my own rules in my room and how do i set the rooms settings like the max numer of players etc
-To set a mod for a room or rules, do i have to apply the mod and/or the rules before making the room, and then make it?
-How can I set all game rules and mods to vailla or default?
-What is really Matchmaking for?
Thank you, i was asking these things to myself and im confused about theme, cause i can't see any option to set for example the numer total players for a room etc.
I red the tutorial too, but i keep having some doubts.

With the addition of matchmaking there are 3 different ways to create a room. The first and most commonly used one is /join roomname - if a room with that name already exists, you will join that room. If it does not, you will create a new one with default settings, and you will be the operator of it.
The second way more commonly used by newer players is by hitting the create button. This is slower and really just accomplishes the same thing. However, it ensures that you do not accidentally use the name of a room already in existence.
The final way is matchmaking; matchmaking pairs you with a player looking to play the same mod, and lets you choose what qi your opponent has to be to play against you. Don't bother with it, it almost never has enough players in the system to find one with the right specifications to play against you.
The rules in your server can be set using the game rules menu, accessed by ctrl+G. There are many other commands not shown, but you probably won't need them and can use solax's link as a reference. Setting these rules is done after you create the server, not before.
To set everything back to free play default, try /set mod classic. It is the only mod name that does not end in .tbm, because it is hard-coded into the game and classic is the shorthand for it.

To set the max number of players allowed on your server, use /maxclients #, e.g. /maxclients 4.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Ok, thank you Solax and Boredpayne for answering

The "/set mod classic" command doesn't work, and i can't find it in the mod list.
Could be the one called "default.tbm"?
Last edited by Dimonsix; Dec 26, 2011 at 09:46 PM.
When using /set mod modnamehere.tbm always put the .tbm after the mod's name or it won't work.
It's All About Expansion
thanks. I am trying the matckmaking feature though i know people dont use it, but just for comands learning purpose. I create a matchmaking choosing Default.tbm and then i try to change any of the rules while waiting for the oponent but nothing changes.
Also, one more question, if i want to fight Uke in free play, he does nothing, he only stands in the same position. But if i fight Uke from the fighting school and i win, i join automatically an online room?
When changing mods the match needs to be reset, while waiting for an opponent the game cant do that.
The mod should appear when your opponent joins the room.

Fighting uke in free play is generally done for replay making, or learning how your tori moves. Fighting in Fight School is a way to test yourself in what an online match would feel like, in the mod aikido.
When you win you are taken to the beginners lobby (I believe) if you have low enough qi.
belts and rooms
Thanks again.
Now, i have two new questions.
I have orange belt and i try to join a beginner room (because im rather bad) but it says "not connected", why?
Anogher thing: Belts are gained by winning or just by playing matches?
Is there any training room where you simply fight, fighting for no belt or rank or anything else, or is it possible to create a training or practice oonline room?
1. You can only join beginner rooms if you are either a white, or yellow belt.

2. The amount of games you play (qi) is what gets you your belts.
You can create your own room by typing /join [roomname] but if it already exists you will join the existing one.
And is it possible to join a black belt room being orange belt as a spectator?

Is there any downloadable dedicated server for setting up servers without being inside them?¿
I looked for it but i didnt find anything.
Last edited by Dimonsix; Dec 27, 2011 at 04:13 PM.