Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Tablet Suggestions please...
Alright, So, I've come to the conclusion that drawing with a mouse will PROBABLY never work for me, since I'm so spontaneous at details that a mouse would never be sufficient or efficient for my type of drawing style.

I mean, I drew this in 10-15 minutes.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dkg3b&s=7
10 minutes for the outline and *darkening, and the other 5 for small details. And this was a...while ago.

So, since I've never used such sorcery as a Tablet before, but I know for sure it's going to WACOM.
I've got the money for it, but I'm not sure which one is both good for a beginner and consistent.

Can anyone suggest one for me?
* = edited
Last edited by Mirdesoux; Jan 7, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
I'm coming back with a vengeance!
The WACOM Bamboo group of tablets seemed to be the consensus in the earlier topic in Off-Topic.
You can't see what you're drawing on the tablet though, but I suppose you'll get used to drawing on the tablet whilst looking at a screen sooner or later.

I primarily use a mouse for drawing with photoshop and stuff, but I'm no artist really. Gaming mice can be pretty precise though, even though that's not their purpose.
Wacom Bamboo pen only.

Don't expect some kind of magical improvement in speed / skill. I know guys who speedpaint just as fast with a mouse as they do with a tablet.

That's not to say that with practice you couldn't get faster with a tablet, but like I said its not magic. Besides that at your level you have a long way to go which will see improvement in both mouse and tablet proficiency.
@ Solax, Let's just say I've got a random 400 dollars that keeps staring at me on my laptop's desk, not to mention the Closet Stash that I haven't touched for a year... I don't think it'd be as expensive as an iPad 2 or something though lol

@ Gormin and 4z I was thinking a Wacom Bamboo, but I'm not sure. I don't think I'd like to see what I'm drawing, I pay more attention to the screen than anything...
I'm positive speedpainting is out of my league, but I just feel that I'm WAY too blocky and basic when I use a mouse but so fluid on a pen it's not funny.
Last edited by Mirdesoux; Jan 8, 2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Typo.
"but I'm not sure. I don't think I'd like to see what I'm drawing, I pay more attention to the screen than anything..."

Not sure what you are trying to say.

But in any case if you are saying you want to draw directly to the screen, many tablet users say that one of the biggest boons about using no-displaying tablets is that your hand doesnt block the screen.
I came to this board to make a thread wondering if the graphic tablet I had decided to get was a good choice. Then I found your thread.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Wacom Bamboo Connect as a great starter tablet. I, however, am looking for a cheap one, which you aren't limited to.
[Chess]
daddy kill the spider
Well Gormin, if you're still reading, I think I quoted the wrong person.. But I think it got edited. Basically (I forgot who said) the only downside to the bamboo was that you can't see what you're drawing on its screen.

Anyhoo, thanks all, I'll be ordering a Wacom Bamboo soon.
Oh and Noah, I think the bamboo's are like 60-100 (I think..?). I just saved up over time, I'm sure somewhere over the internet there's a relatively cheap one, maybe a sale going on that has them for about half of that.