Toribash
Original Post
Rise Against
Are they mega mainstream?
Can you compare them with :Korn,Sytem of a Down,Nirvana -etc?
Pretty sure this is in the wrong place.

But yeah, Rise Against are "Mainstream" and in my opinion punk posers.

If you want real punk listen to Rancid or NOFX.
why does it matter if a band is mainstream?

If you like them, listen to them.

Rise Against happens to be my favorite band, and at what Reg said, I've heard of NOFX and Rancid and I don't like them one bit. It's not a matter of mainstream/underground, but what you like.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Yea I agree with you.
Some of their songs get a little lame and repetative,however I do like them -I hate the new smile icon.
only endgame album is good , others are the rising of the band so they arent main stream yet.
It's Mr.AkumaBeast for you! oh and...
Check my inventory if you wish to buy flames.
I wouldn't say Rise Against are mainstream, I have a LOT of friends, and only know two or three who listen to them including me that is...

But in short "opinion" is a word that would answer you question pretty well...

Rise Against - Survive <---Best song.
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
why does it matter if a band is mainstream?

If you like them, listen to them.

Rise Against happens to be my favorite band, and at what Reg said, I've heard of NOFX and Rancid and I don't like them one bit. It's not a matter of mainstream/underground, but what you like.

:3 I agree with you too, If you like a band listen to them.. it doesn't matter if anyone knows who they are, or how popular they are.
I hate living in Texas -_-
Originally Posted by Regenoration View Post
Pretty sure this is in the wrong place.

But yeah, Rise Against are "Mainstream" and in my opinion punk posers.

If you want real punk listen to Rancid or NOFX.

i wouldnt consider them mainstream in the UK. besides, they don't declare themselves as playing punk music, they just make whatever they want and enjoy doing it.

i went to see rise live at the manchester apollo in november, best night ever. favourite songs? disparity by design, drones, this is letting go, though i like pretty much all of them.
<lumpysolo> ermergerd it's jalis <lumpysolo> love u too jalis <3
<jalis> you are worthless <jalis> ignored for my sanity
Originally Posted by carl View Post
i wouldnt consider them mainstream in the UK. besides, they don't declare themselves as playing punk music, they just make whatever they want and enjoy doing it.

i went to see rise live at the manchester apollo in november, best night ever. favourite songs? disparity by design, drones, this is letting go, though i like pretty much all of them.

my favorite song is the good left undone

this picture was taken about 4 months ago but, yeah. still true

though I have taken quite a liking to Broken Mirrors and Satellite
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ