Ranking
Original Post
few questions
Hi (again)

Well, I haven't played toribash for... long, when I logged on the forums it said that over 1500 days has passed and need to change my password.

So yeah, be gentle if the questions I have are dumb ;p

Here we go

My first issue is, I'm brown belt, the problem is, there are only three Official servers of SemiPro that I can join and play, those are mostly full, any player-hosted-server I join, I end up against high ranked players that tear me apart, What do?

Watching replays and videos on youtube I am amazed by - what people can do, but tutorials dont really help. So, what mods, should I start with? Freeplay pracitcing doesn't really help me, waiting 30 minutes in queue in order to play a "30-seconds-long-game" won't teach me anything as well.

Also none of my friends seems like playing toribash with me, but they're 'all about graphics' kind of people so can't practice this way.

Oh and last questions, I've seen alot of '500 TC Tourney' servers, how does it work? Couldn't find any straightforward answer here
Hi Unsword.

With regards to your first question about semi-pro servers - I am unsure of how busy they usually are.

Tournaments however are a pretty good option as there are a variety of mods to choose from and players of varying skill play on those servers. Once a tournament has started knockout mode is enabled - the loser is knocked out of the tourney and can't rejoin until it has finished. A tournament requires at least 5 people to start and at the conclusion of a tournament the winner receives either 500tc or 750 tc depending on the server.

I personally favor aikido, but I'd advise you to try them all and see what u like. The only downside to tournaments is you would find people who some who'd say use 'cheap/noob moves (personnaly i don't mind them). It can be frustrating in the beginning but after a while gets easier to counter so just keep at it. Tournaments also allow for pretty low waiting times (no waiting for 30 mins to play for 30 secs)

Edit: When I refer to tournaments I mean the '500tc' or '750tc' servers
What silligoose said about the tourneys is pretty accurate, so i dont think theres anything i can add to that.
A good way to meet a nice mix of players is to just set up a server of some kind in your preferred mod and just wait and see what happens, its a bit hit and miss granted, but it can result in a fairly good time.
Best advice i can give regarding the whole friends not wanting to play this stupid gamething is to just chat away to the people in the servers and enjoy your self, that way any real skill difference is incidental rather then of any actual importance.

The 4 quick aikido servers are also a pretty good place to just hang around if you can find some space in one of them, theres a good mix of players in them and they are friendly/not outright hostile for the most part.
Last edited by FinalWish; Jan 21, 2012 at 09:03 PM.
Thanks for the replies.

Well, after some practice, few random games and aikido tourney i can remember why did i leave toribash last time. Just tell me. Is it normal that high ranked players act like total douchebags and reconnect evertime they're about to loose? That guy boii rank 20 just dc'ed like 3 times in a row, finally won. Took 500tc and everyone around didnt really care. Im just asking. Maybe its just not a place for me. Duh
Originally Posted by unsword View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Well, after some practice, few random games and aikido tourney i can remember why did i leave toribash last time. Just tell me. Is it normal that high ranked players act like total douchebags and reconnect evertime they're about to loose? That guy boii rank 20 just dc'ed like 3 times in a row, finally won. Took 500tc and everyone around didnt really care. Im just asking. Maybe its just not a place for me. Duh

Some of the high rankers are not really deserving of their rank.
They do that to get the No.1 rank.

I prefer trying to report them since I see a few people getting banned for doing so.
Personally I have not encountered this much. I have, however, encountered this very same person (Boi) and he is not a good sport. Another guy to watch out for is named [Guardian]Gunz (or something like that) - master belt, master douche. Other than that there haven't really been other high ranking peeps who do it. Some ppl do report the guys, others prefer an eye for an eye, whilst some others just turn the other cheek. Try not to let it get to u (easier said than done).I've been fortunate in that I haven't had to deal with it much, but i suppose every online game has it's ragequitters. Good luck
Bear in mind man, not everyone is a total cock mongler, there are some folks who are good fun to play with, its just pretty much pot luck who you end up with unfortunately.
just try again until you find some of good ones.
Originally Posted by Silligoose View Post
Personally I have not encountered this much. I have, however, encountered this very same person (Boi) and he is not a good sport. Another guy to watch out for is named [Guardian]Gunz (or something like that) - master belt, master douche. Other than that there haven't really been other high ranking peeps who do it. Some ppl do report the guys, others prefer an eye for an eye, whilst some others just turn the other cheek. Try not to let it get to u (easier said than done).I've been fortunate in that I haven't had to deal with it much, but i suppose every online game has it's ragequitters. Good luck

Gunz you say? Hmm.. We'll check that out for ya ;)

And yeah people tend to leave when they know their going to lose, I'm afraid all you can do is report it and hope someone takes notice, maybe you should try add something to the suggestions thread along the lines of "Multiple Quit Games = Ban"

Keep at it and screen shot the people that leave. : )