Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
New Phone, Need Advice
Ok, so I'm finally able to upgrade to a new phone and I'm getting one this weekend, so tomorrow or the next day. I've got to get a phone on the AT&T network in the US, and I'd like a 4g capable phone.

One phone I've been looking at for a while is the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, but it seems every other review I read says something bad about it. I'm not quite sure whether I'd rather have Android or iOS, but I've been using iOS for about a year now with my ipod touch and I don't like how you cant really customize it.

Basically I'm looking for opinions on whether to get the Skyrocket, iPhone 4S, or something else running Android if you have any suggestions of better phones. Just remember they need to be on AT&T's network.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Does it HAVE to be 4g? In my opinion some of the better phones only have 3G capability.

Only reason I'm saying this is because I personally and it's been proven that the Samsung Galaxy S II is a more powerful phone then it's competitor, as you mentioned, the Galaxy S II Skyrocket.

The Skyrocket is still a BEAUTIFUL choice and probably the best you will get for android going on AT&T besides the S II itself.

I'd choose either of them, though... but think about what you want more.

The S II is a more powerful Smartphone, while the S II skyrocket is still very powerful but not in comparison to the S II. The skyrocket has better speeds, however, due to 4G.
It doesn't have to be 4G, its just something I'd like to have so that the phone doesn't get very outdated in the 2 years I'm gonna have it for before I can upgrade again.

I didn't realize the Galaxy S2 was more powerful than the Skyrocket though, I'll need to look into that.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Gum View Post
something I'd like to have so that the phone doesn't get very outdated in the 2 years I'm gonna have it for before I can upgrade again.

Well, unfortunately, this is nearly inevitable. Science marches on, and my then-new Nexus S has fallen behind with the times in under two years.

But, as a flagship phone, it's one of the few phones still able to easily support a colossal majority of the newest Android Market apps n' 3D junk. The Galaxy S II... ehh. I've never been comfortable with them.

As of this post, my top two recommendations are both the flagship phones of their respective providers. The Galaxy Nexus from Samsung/Googleland and the new Android RAZR from Motorola. Both are dead sexy, have ungodly amounts of performance for a phone (though the GNex still has a couple compatibility issues with older apps due to all of the ice cream sandwiching), but both are guaranteed to remain current for a more than reasonable amount of time. I'm sure a quick search can pull up handfuls of comparisons between the two.

Do note that I'm Canadian and thus don't know which phones are carried by the worst American mobile network in existence. Contractless phones are always an option, and can pay off in the long run if you're smart about their usage.
Androids are set to autodestruct after 3 months, which is roughly the time it takes to release a new one. iPhones aren't forever, but of the smartphones they will last you the most
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Originally Posted by sid View Post
Androids are set to autodestruct after 3 months, which is roughly the time it takes to release a new one. iPhones aren't forever, but of the smartphones they will last you the most

Wrong , my brother got Htc desire
and this is hes 6 month using that
I got SII And it rocks
You can handle phones sid ...
I've had my acer liquid for almost two years now (android phone) and I still like it. I'm looking for an upgrade soon, but it does anything I want it to.
Samsung Galaxy S II is pretty much the most solid, reliable and fast phone on the market. You drop a S2 a couple of times and it'll be fine, an iPhone it'll be gone in the first drop. Go for the S2 if you can afford it mate, quality shit there.
Originally Posted by sid View Post

meh, ive got insurance on it. I'll just get a new one for free when this one explodes.

Originally Posted by PredatorC View Post
I'd go with another iPhone... I have a friend with an android and he says it sucks.

I actually like the android OS better than IOS at this point. I've used both and I prefer my droid to my friends iphones.

Originally Posted by sireal View Post
Samsung Galaxy S II is pretty much the most solid, reliable and fast phone on the market. You drop a S2 a couple of times and it'll be fine, an iPhone it'll be gone in the first drop. Go for the S2 if you can afford it mate, quality shit there.

Yeah, I got the Skyrocket. The phone is a beast, the bigger screen is also a nice bonus over the iphone. When i use a friends phone it just feels small in my hands in comparison to mine.
Read the Market Rules
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]