Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
bjdjking's thread devoted to shitty replays
Hello there guys.

Not long ago, I actually started trying to make a bit of replays, and the result so far is disastrous. I will post some of them here, what you guys can do is give me some CnC and tell me what I can do to become better because so far, I suck. (My dream is to one day pull off a madman).
Attached Files
S-Fa Kin Su Pah.rpl (44.3 KB, 11 views)
S-Clean Wushu .rpl (33.1 KB, 11 views)
fa kin su pah: no booms, very bad and weak dm's, u didn't move very well, unbalanced pose so 2/10

clean wushu: in decap replays u need to get 0 damage and decap so 1/10
(the 1 was for the pose)
So I guess what you are basically saying is that I need to let my tori go more with the flow by relaxing the joints to make the hits look more powerful?

One more question, when I kick, should I keep my knee relaxed?
BJ, focus on getting foundations down first.

Rules of making good replays:
1. Good DMs, which mean big windups, and lots of DMs.
2. Creativity. You will not have to worry about this yet, just worry about good DMs.
3. Realism. Realism is not only in -30 grav. Realism is sometimes good in replays, sometimes just old style DMs are good.
4. Flow. This in my opinion takes the longest to master. Move smoothly, not sudden stops, etc. A great replaymaker with great flow is Luminisian. Or however you spell his name.

Suggestions to get to these levels:
Watch other replays. See what they do. Look through the ORMO threads. ORMO is a group made of the best replaymakers.
Make replay threads like this, to show your progress.
Experiment. Find out how to move your tori.

Judgement right now: You have very interesting openers. Try not to kick repeatedly with one leg. Try to alternate.

And on your question of relaxing your knee: I don't do it myself, as it prevents big booms, (in my experience) but its your personal opinion. Remember, replays are art. Make it your own. I have posted one example of my own replay.
-----
Oh, and saw your first post. Your goal shouldn't just to "pull off a madman", your replays are already madmans, just not very good. Your goal should be to become a great replaymaker. That means doing parkour, manipulations, mod replays, tricking, etc. A madman is a very small goal, especially for someone with a great amount of potential. (you)
Attached Files
Keoni Superboom2.rpl (117.9 KB, 6 views)
Keoni Manipyewlation.rpl (140.5 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by keoni109; Mar 3, 2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals
Thank you for the feedback keoni , it was both helpful and interesting.

I made a new replay, my main focus with this one was to get a clean decap ( I may try to edit it later and add some more dm's to it)
Attached Files
S-Decap Shot.rpl (38.2 KB, 10 views)