Ranking
Avoid thick black outlines, as much as you can.
-----
Also, you closed the MSPAINT comp before I managed to submit my entry... Why? Whhhhuuuuuuuyyy?
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Mar 10, 2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I had already extended end time 3 times lol. on this I started with thick black lines which I think is some of the reason why they are still there, find it easier to adjust the body that way
I love the look of the... vest/armor on this guy. It looks like there's a layer of plastic over it, giving a very shiny appearance. The shading looks really cool on this, although I'm not really liking the anatomy of the creature. The left arm is a bit longer the right, and the torso is just so short!
He looks funny, but very detailed. I would suggest making the legs a bit longer, and try to get rid of the thick black lines. The clothes are amazing though.
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
I love the look of the... vest/armor on this guy. It looks like there's a layer of plastic over it, giving a very shiny appearance. The shading looks really cool on this, although I'm not really liking the anatomy of the creature. The left arm is a bit longer the right, and the torso is just so short!

Yeah damn I keep doing these anatomical errors even tho I have tried forever to get things right. I like this shinyish look tho but I need to focus on materials rather than just rendering it like this. Thanks for commenting (:

Originally Posted by Ulthus View Post
He looks funny, but very detailed. I would suggest making the legs a bit longer, and try to get rid of the thick black lines. The clothes are amazing though.

The legs were perfectly intentional, the thick black lines however got to go.
Last edited by Ezeth; Mar 13, 2012 at 09:54 AM.

Started with side view, its far from done or correct

Also fixed some of the proportions on the original drawing and removed some of the black lines.

Modeling in progress

It is a bit wierd to start modeling before side view is completely done, but I pretty much know how things should look anyways so I guess it will work out fine.
Last edited by Ezeth; Mar 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM.