Toribash
Original Post
[Tex]First head ever made!
Yea, this is my first toribash head ever made

headband is gaia and black, and says KeiaBrown in middle

i put 2 custom scars and bloody face, please rate, its my first head.
what should i work on and what should i continue doing?

Version 2:
Last edited by KeiaBrown; Mar 19, 2012 at 05:17 AM.
There is no shading, which makes it look a little bit plain. What program did you use? And which size is it? It looks kinda pixelated. Next, the blood seems to be just red brush -> unrealistic. Why didnt you use a font for the writing? Those are the main points, which you should fix.
Skuzee?
I use gimp, and idk nothin about shading . Which would be best to use for real looking blood? and it's only way to put my name on there from what i know. Give me some advice :3 please?
Well, for the text, just use the text tool in Gimp, choose a font you like and type your name, that will look a lot cleaner.
Be creative witht he blood, just think of how blood looks in movies or such.
Like a splash on the face or a strain running over the eye.
Shading is basically creating shadows/highlights to make the head look more plastical.
You should start by adding shadows to the parts you think. in this case on the upper border of the mast to the face.
The head is kinda small, I guess you made it in 128x128 its a little bit hard for me to see all those things on the small spinny head. You could post a watermarked flat picture if you want.
Skuzee?
Post a watermarked flat.
"God praise your soul. <3"
~ZeToxiiK
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~[Pain] is inevitable, whether you choose to suffer or preserve sooner or later, [Pain] will find you.~~
meh it isn't very good but for a first try at least you didn't make sloppy ass hair made up of a bunch of straight lines like a lot of people.
Originally Posted by Skuzee View Post
Well, for the text, just use the text tool in Gimp, choose a font you like and type your name, that will look a lot cleaner.
Be creative witht he blood, just think of how blood looks in movies or such.
Like a splash on the face or a strain running over the eye.
Shading is basically creating shadows/highlights to make the head look more plastical.
You should start by adding shadows to the parts you think. in this case on the upper border of the mast to the face.
The head is kinda small, I guess you made it in 128x128 its a little bit hard for me to see all those things on the small spinny head. You could post a watermarked flat picture if you want.

ill add shadings and make blood more relaistic, then ill post a watermarked flat when im done.
reason i did 128x128 was cause i got the 128x128 head texture item
-----
here is version 2
I made the head band bigger, and text clearer, and did a little shading to it, to make it not look all plain.

Last edited by KeiaBrown; Mar 19, 2012 at 05:16 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Im pretty sure someone else made this head... and you recolored it.
-----

Shame
on
you.

Chozo Moderated Message:
User was banned for this post. (Backseat moderation)
Last edited by Chozo; Mar 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
"God praise your soul. <3"
~ZeToxiiK
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~[Pain] is inevitable, whether you choose to suffer or preserve sooner or later, [Pain] will find you.~~
(/offtopic towards zotwi)Dude wtf no Hold on Zotwi make sense as I remember the rules of head making and using etc was that If it was a custom idea and you stole it then its plagiarism etc, but if it is a feature like or common idea /feature it's not stolen. Obviously if she did use it , it would be a template because hers is completely diff from the one you showed.

I recall this being your first head zotwi seems pretty simular to a head ive seen before

So fail. anyways.
Nice that you have started making heads already Keia most likely since you are a newbie , it just did'nt turn out looking perfect.By the way version 2's head band has a nice addition. After you get the good template idea of head and its features work on adding extra plates and shadows to add an effect of detail .Play around with it.

Toribash Senior |Wushu Master| YouTube Dancer |Video Editor| Senior Gfx artist| Univ of Penn Alumni|#Ivyleague