Ranking
Original Post
[Art] A Chair
This is just a 3-d Render of a chair i did last night

Critiques are appreciated
don't be afraid to hurt my feelings cause you wont

im just trying to improve my work so i can get up to bigger and better things

All 3-D modeling was done with Blender ver. 2.62, rendered with cycles render engine
Last edited by turb0n3rz; Apr 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM.
Chair isn't really practical in any way, unless you're sitting on it the other way.
The blood puddle is a big turn off... Not even sure if it's blood...

The lamp is alright but should be seen at another angle, like lower down or something.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
thanks for the critiques
i will work on my overall setup
i personally thought that the whole render looked completely like garbage

the lighting was unrealistic
the lamp was too low
the chair was architecturally impractical
the sphere in the chair had no meaning at all
the blood was too big and the fluid dynamics where unrealistic

but also in my opinint the whole placement of the chair gave it an isolated feeling,
like the person that was sitting in the chair decided to turn their back towards the world, and sit in their dark room and stair at the only hope that they had, which was themselves [reflective sphere]

thats what i got out of it

so this whole thing was a disaster when i looked at it

i do have something coming up
im doing a hallway and i hope to improve my techniques to make that hallway look like it should

i wont be posting any test renders, because they need to stay right where they render, which is on my hard drive

i hope for more honest critiques
remember, you wont hurt my feelings
Originally Posted by Mapleleaf View Post
Vid/Texture/Art Information
Please include information such as the name of the song and artist used and the applications used to create the vid, art piece or texture, when making a thread.

add that please.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Turb0n3rz you sure do cool 3D pics. I like your art, much.

But you could make it more cooler; add there a painting in the right wall.
Proud member of myself.
I loved it, but lighting was wrong, try to make the lamp thingy more realistic, and try to make reflections on the globe on the chair.

The globe and chair look very realistic though !

8/10