Toribash
Original Post
[TEX] Reptor head
Well, I need Cnc for this.

I'm still a major rookie when it comes to head textures.

Last edited by Marrez; Jun 12, 2012 at 01:15 PM.
beware
the goblin
Well um lets start. The 3 main flaws in this is there is no shading, you used patterns and lastly the eyes(maybe mouth too) is cut from one image and pasted on another, Idk you may have c/p from your own work, tbh I do with some of my anime pieces if I'm too lazy to make new eyes. Uh I think there is a seam on the back of your head(a line were it doesn't fit) This has a lot of simplicity and is more less basic and could be done in a few minutes. Try something more complex by studying real lizards, humans and maybe some spider man shit and then take all the studying and eat it, then barf it out in too one whole. Keep practicing, also wondering if you still are willing to take my offer on the colap with me and 1thev

P.s that was almost all my cnc I had but I'm so tired so I might post the rest when I wake up
Well it definitely wasn't C/P'ed, I made it myself. I was pretty much going for the cartoonish look. Indeed, the background of it all was a pattern. But other than that, the rest had work put into it.

In the end, It's just a wip. I can always change it. And I'm gunna have to reject the collab. I'm far too crappy at what I do. I'll just end up ruining it.

Can anyone give me an Idea on what to add onto it?
beware
the goblin
Alright Tama, If you are going to make a head texture like this, make it consistent. What I mean is you are trying to get the tongue to be 3d while the rest of the head is 2d and animated, so just make the tongue 2d. Also with the shading of the tongue, you don't need to use bevel and emboss or whatever your using on it. Just take the burn and dodge tool, or take a brush and lower the flow/opacity to about 5, change the brush to light, and then go over it. The shadow should be towards the coming out of the mouth, and major bend in the tongue, or thats How I see it. Then the light would be the light that hits the part where the tongue is coming directly out of the mouth, and towards the middle and end. Hope this helps you out

~Undead21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
I think the eyes and the tongue need fixing. I can't really give CnC now cuz I am tired but the outlines of the eyes are un-smooth, you can use a smoother brush or just paths, and at the eye itself, instead of using a gradient, you could colour it with brushes and add effects with airbrush or something. You can also blur the eye a bit if you want. The eyes look small too.
And the tongue, it's shape doesn't feel right but still, the colour selection and the outlines look good.
Mouth's out line is too thick so it looks a bit weird, and the teeth are fine but it just doesnt look that sharp and scary.

Good job on the scales tho, but the question is did you map the back of the head properly?
Eyes lack depth, mouth looks like it's floating on top of the head, cool scales though but just a guess I would think the back was mapped poorly.
Discord:Kasey#8099
Big genital guy hmu ladies