Ranking
Original Post
Problem With Shaders
Whenever i use shaders, this happens:

It should be more like this:

Also, when i use fluid blood, the blood drops are just a bunch of black squares.

Is there a way to fix this? If so, please help. (I'm on a mac using toribash 3.6.)
Last edited by Chip; Jun 10, 2008 at 03:50 PM.
Ok concerning your shaders, it may just be that your default shader has become corrupt somehow.

First download latest graphics drivers for your card before doing the next step.
Then After you have enabled shaders, go into single player and type /lws default.inc and if it still looks wierd type.
/lws volt_noxphar.inc or just enable any other custom shader and see if they are acting up as well.
If the problem still persists then your graphics card is incapable of handling shaders

About the fluid blood, only thing I can suggest is once again make sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed...if still not working your graphics card is incapable of it once again

If you dont come right post here again
..|.,
U1V1
Originally Posted by namcoboy View Post
Whats wrong with it?

Please dont post useless posts. If you want to help, help. He obviously wants the default shader look like it does in the video, wich im guessing you didnt bother to watch.

And does it look like the default shader...NO
..|.,
U1V1
I looked at the video, I don't see a difference between the two..
<Patriotz>: oshi I opened a torrent page and it was old lady pron D: (scared for life)
Originally Posted by namcoboy View Post
I looked at the video, I don't see a difference between the two..

The difference is that the sky is blue when it should be white.

Thanks for the advice Velve, but it still doesn't work. Its at the latest graphics card, and i tried the volt_noxphar.inc and it just came with a yellow ground instead of white. I just keep fluid blood off, but i would like it on. You told me to post again, so i did.
Last edited by Chip; Jun 10, 2008 at 10:34 PM.
Then most probably your graphics card is incapable of handling shaders, though still ask around for someone who also knows about this stuff, but im afraid that the fact remains the same, your card can't support it...
But why's the rum gone? :v
By the way, i found what my operating system is, if that helps.

Mac OS X Version 10.5.2

Processor 1.9 GHz PowerPC G5
Memory 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Startup Disk Macintosh HD

More info:

Model Name: iMac G5
Model Identifier: PowerMac12,1
Processor Name: PowerPC G5 (3.1)
Processor Speed: 1.9 GHz
Number Of CPUs: 1
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 633 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.2.6f1
Serial Number: UNCENSORED

Thanks to anyone who has tried to or has helped so far.

EDIT: I found another symptom of bad shaders :

it's Night.inc. The Sun shouldn't have light blue around it.
Last edited by Chip; Jun 11, 2008 at 12:49 AM.
I've had issues with the sky once. I had too many other programs running. I closed a few and things righted themselves. Perhaps you should check to make sure that you don't have too many other things running. Or, if your computer has multiple users, that another user isn't logged on and has any programs running.

Also, it might be that you're running 3.6. The most recent version is 3.31. Might wanna downgrade to a more recent version, and a less futuristic one. =P
Be careful...
...we're watching.
[Guru]
Originally Posted by Spaztic_One View Post
I've had issues with the sky once. I had too many other programs running. I closed a few and things righted themselves. Perhaps you should check to make sure that you don't have too many other things running. Or, if your computer has multiple users, that another user isn't logged on and has any programs running.

Also, it might be that you're running 3.6. The most recent version is 3.31. Might wanna downgrade to a more recent version, and a less futuristic one. =P

well, you can't run multiple users on the mac, and i usually only use itunes and toribash when i'm playing. whenever its just toibash, it still has sky problems. i guess i could downgrade, but that would mean no shaders, which is what i'm going for.

thanks for the advice.

EDIT: I downloaded 3.31. The fluid blood and shaders thing isn't fixed, but thanks for informing me of the new version!
Last edited by Chip; Jun 11, 2008 at 03:27 AM.