Toribash
Original Post
[Tex] Price Opinion/Suggestions?
Check this out guys. It's a 512x512 robotic head I was making and I think I'm finished. It's one of the first halfway decent things I've made, and so far, I've very proud of it. I would love a good price opinion as well as any constructive criticism you have. Thanks for your time.

... Had to remake the thread because my stupid self forgot to post the tag and it got closed. :3

Update 1

Update 2

Last edited by Josh131313; Jul 16, 2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Updating head
Originally Posted by iZey View Post
So far I'd sell around 1k.
Maybe you should fix the back.

The gray line? Yeah that keeps happening to me for some reason. Or do you mean how the plates differ in style in the back?
Back seam is easy to fix in Gimp. Just offset the head horizontally by half the size of the canvas, and make sure wrap is checked. Then fix your seams and offset again.
Originally Posted by Reverser View Post
Back seam is easy to fix in Gimp. Just offset the head horizontally by half the size of the canvas, and make sure wrap is checked. Then fix your seams and offset again.

That's a really good idea. Thanks for the advice.

EDIT: Updated. Fixed the seam. Better?
P.S. I'm trying to figure out something to make the rest of the visor look more... visory... :P
Last edited by Josh131313; Jul 15, 2012 at 09:43 PM.
It's worth 800tc. You might be able to sell it for 2k if someone falls in love with it, but that's unlikely.

To make the visor more visory try highlighting it like so (Don't copy this method exactly - take bits and parts and deviate in your own ways):

You have some interesting shapes there, but the texture itself lacks contrast. The bulk of the head is a single grey, which honestly is boring. Try mixing in some color, or try using different shades of grey to make some plates stand out over others. Doing either of these should make the texture more eye catching, hence making it sell better

Also, I'd remove/change the plates that are tangent to the visor. Tangent lines kill perceived depth. Right now those plates and your visor are on the same level, making an awkward visor strap around the head.
Last edited by GoodBox; Jul 16, 2012 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Didn't post the image >_<
(>^_^)>
Originally Posted by GoodBox View Post
It's worth 800tc. You might be able to sell it for 2k if someone falls in love with it, but that's unlikely.

To make the visor more visory try highlighting it like so (Don't copy this method exactly - take bits and parts and deviate in your own ways):

You have some interesting shapes there, but the texture itself lacks contrast. The bulk of the head is a single grey, which honestly is boring. Try mixing in some color, or try using different shades of grey to make some plates stand out over others. Doing either of these should make the texture more eye catching, hence making it sell better

Also, I'd remove/change the plates that are tangent to the visor. Tangent lines kill perceived depth. Right now those plates and your visor are on the same level, making an awkward visor strap around the head.

Wow. That was... Awesome. Thanks so much. I'll get right to work on that! And yeah I see what you mean about the tangent lines. Thanks!
-----
Updated. I fixed the tangent lines/plates, added a shadow under the visor, made the visor more "visory," and tried to add a bit more contrast. I've noticed some of the plates are a bit... Awkard looking. The shapes. Towards the back, at least. I might try to do something about that tomorrow.
Last edited by Josh131313; Jul 16, 2012 at 07:27 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump